Does SIGHING and GROANING on JWN count?

by Fernando 6 Replies latest watchtower bible

• Fernando
    Fernando

(Ezekiel 9:4) . . .“Pass through the midst of the city, through the midst of Jerusalem, and you must put a mark on the foreheads of the men that are sighing and groaning over all the detestable things that are being done in the midst of it.”

Pedophilia

Rape

Incest

Fraud

Cover ups

Spiritual Unfaithfulness

Spiritual abuse

Injustice

Hatred and contempt for the gospel

Self-righteousness

Self-aggrandizing backslapping

Supremacist arrogance (we are always right no matter how wrong we are, God appointed us OVER YOU)

Pharisaic rule making and keeping (legalism)

Pharisaic moral codes (moralism)

Pharisaic dissection of doctrines (ethnocentrism)

Pharisaic and cultic pursuit of "special knowledge" or "mystical manipulation" (Gnosticism)

Tampering with scripture

Revisionism (rewriting WBTS history)

False prophesies

• N.drew
    N.drew

Is the sighing and groaning that gets the mark the same as the complaining on JWN?

No, I don't think so.

JWN is more like

21 He drank of the wine and became drunk, and uncovered himself inside his tent. 22 Ham, the father of Canaan, saw the nakedness of his father, and told his two brothers outside. Genesis 9:21,22

verse 23 better describes "sighing and groaning over all the detestable things" because Shem and Japheth were concerned with their father's righteousness

23 But Shem and Japheth took a garment and laid it upon both their shoulders and walked backward and covered the nakedness of their father; and their faces were turned away, so that they did not see their father’s nakedness.

No, I'm actually not saying the sins of the Watchtower should be ignored. Love is a powerful force. The sins might have been covered with LOVE but they were publicly exposed. We do not know what would have happened. It's gone.

• talesin
    talesin

I can see both sides of the coin. Both applications of scripture make a valid point. (to this reader)

Wondering if there is an application for today, could it be that those who 'anti-witness', perhaps a more modern term,,, are providing a way for non JWs to know the truth about the Truth TM , and apply it in their lives. When they get called on in FS, or have JW neighbours with kids, maybe know an exJW who is shunned ... the "sighing and groaning" could be interpreted to a modern form of open disclosure.

t

• clarity
    clarity

Fernando hi.....

Wow, quite a list!

To sigh over these and...... well anything else, inside the watchtower is forbidden!

So a big yes from me ............it's all good here!!!!!!!!!!!

clarity

• N.drew
    N.drew

Sighing and groaning I think means a person's personal perspective. I have never heard the society outlaw personal perspective. As a matter of fact, many JWs know I have a huge difference of opinion from them, but I am not disfellowshipped. Yet LOL!

• jgnat
    jgnat

I would count active Witnesses as EXPERTS in the sighing and groaning department. If I am unhappy, I go do something about it

• Nambo
    Nambo

You forgot ethnically cleansing Palestinians.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit