Recent JW funeral - with picture of "Resurrection Center"?

by Gayle 6 Replies latest jw friends

• Gayle
    Gayle

Recently, a distant relative died. First off, I must emphasize she was a beautiful JW with a genune loving heart, who 'refused' to "cut off" a former JW sibling and some us extended family who are also former JWs. She came to a few gatherings, being totally loving and fun, never bringing up any JW issues or quips. She was an amazing exception.

I did not go to the funeral at the KH. My sibling, former JW, did. He said, the speaker, talked 15 min about her life, 15 min. JW sermon, and after song and prayer, was a 15 slide show of pictures of her life (pictures of travels, her youth, even including her former JW sibling - none of service or meetings). This program was done in two KHs, plugged in techno, because of a total crowd of 444 people. (A couple of others there, informed my sibling in whisper form, they were no longer 'involved' anymore either).

I was very impressed with this handling. However, at one point, held up was a beautiful picture (about 30" x 20" ??) showing a huge illustration drawing form of a building with extravagant landscaping with the title, "Resurrection Center." ugh.

• baltar447
    baltar447

gag

• braincleaned
    braincleaned

Yeah -- that was dumb. This said, it's fair-game, since this is what they believe...
    The way the funeral was held seems very loving. She reminds me of my mom... so passionate about the truth, but has never shunned me for being an "apostate". We avoid religion talk, but when we do, she listens and argues with kindness (as do I).

I'm an atheist now. A very happy one at that.

• james_woods
    james_woods

Well, if the people are resurrected naked, they would need to be in a building so that they could be dressed modestly before being sent out into public...

And, then - with the JW love of record-keeping - they would need to have ID cards made and be assigned a place to live, a paradise job, etc...

Probably an instruction sheet (or magazine) would need to be given them on paradise sex, paradise dietary rules, what kind of former predatory pet to keep, and other behavioral rules.

• Disillusioned Lost-Lamb
  • Nambo
    Nambo

Maybe thats why the Org is selling off its properties, it needs the money to build a "Resurrection Centre" and they where trying out a sneak preview to see if the design was liked.

Reminds me of a fine Brother I was great friends with, he became an Elder, whilst his wife was complaining that all the sisters would probably have to knit and make endless clothes for the resurrected, he turned to me and whispered, "yeah, while we're diggin em up".

• irondork

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit