Now it’s Definite about the FDS and GB being one and the same and When does Jesus return?

by 7Starz 8 Replies latest watchtower bible

• 7Starz
    7Starz

In the March 15, 2015 Study edition of the Watchtower it states on page 9, paragraph 6: “For example, our clarified understanding of “the faithful and discreet slave,” published in the July 15, 2013, Watchtower, thrilled us.  It was explained that the faithful slave is the Governing Body, while the “domestics” are all those who are fed spiritually, whether of the anointed or of the “other sheep.”

The July 15, 2013 study edition of the Watchtower stated on page 22, paragraph 10: In keeping with Jesus’ pattern of feeding many through the hands of a few, that slave is made up of a small group of anointed brothers who are directly involved in preparing and dispensing spiritual food during Christ’s presence.  Throughout the last days, the anointed brothers who make up the faithful and discreet slave have served together at headquarters.  In recent decades, that slave has been closely identified with the Governing Body of Jehovah’s Witnesses.

Is “closely identified” the same as “is” identified? I guess it depends on what you definition of the word is, is.

When you read the bible “God” and Jesus are capitalized…why does the Governing Body feel the need to have their title in capital letters?  But I digress.

The July 15, 2013 study edition of the Watchtower asks the question on page 24, paragraph 16: “When does Jesus arrive?”  It then goes on to state: “Hence Jesus’ “arriving,” or “coming,” mentioned in the illustration of the faithful and discreet slave takes place during the great tribulation.”

I was always taught (and taught to others) that Jesus arrived in 1914 (his 2nd coming) at the start of the last days which culminates in the great tribulation followed by Armageddon.

Please read Matthew chapter 24.  I am using the New International Version (NIV). I will summarize:

The apostles ask Jesus – What is the sign of your coming at the end of the age?

Jesus states:

LAST DAYS (Witnesses taught that 1914 was the start date and I believe they still do)

1. Signs of many coming in his name, wars, famine, earthquakes.

2. Persecution, death, appearance of false prophets, love of the greater number grows cold.

3. Gospel of the kingdom preached in the whole world as a testimony.

GREAT TRIBULATION (Witnesses current teaching from the 07/15/13 WT that Jesus is coming during the great tribulation)

1. The abomination that causes desolation standing in a holy place

2. Great distress, unequaled from the beginning of the world until now and never to be equaled again.

3. More false messiah’s and false prophets appear performing great signs and wonders – Do not believe it.

IMMEDIATELY AFTER GREAT TRIBULATION (What the bible really teaches)

1. Sun and moon are darkened, stars fall from heaven, heavenly bodies shaken.

2. Sign of the Son of Man appears in heaven

3. All peoples of earth will see the Son of Man coming on the clouds of heaven.

The bible clearly states Jesus returns not at the start of the last days, not during the great tribulation, but AFTER the great tribulation.

Now back to the March 15, 2015 Watchtower page 16, paragraph 14 last two sentences: “Each of us will answer to the righteous Judge whom Jehovah has appointed.  We must be ready.  And he is coming soon!”

Notice the 07/15/13 WT uses the words “arriving” or “coming” interchangeably.

If the faithful and discreet slave is to appear during Christ’s presence to dispense food at the proper time (according to the 07/15/13 WT), how can that be? According to scripture and the 03/15/15 WT, Jesus has not yet arrived or is not yet present.

One of the definitions of “presence” is a person or thing that exists or is present in a place but is not seen.  Meaning they are here, present and accounted for.

One of the definitions of “coming” is an arrival or an approach.  This denotes something or someone that is on their way or is soon to be here.

Are they now admitting in a subtle way that Jesus has not returned?  If not, is there to be a 3rd coming of our Lord?

Again I guess it depends on what you definition of the word is, is.

*(Bold and underlines are mine)

• truthseeker100
    truthseeker100
    This stuff just gets crazier and crazier
  • Ding
    Ding

Let's see.

Jesus returned invisibly in 1874.

No, Jesus returned invisibly in 1914.

But Jesus hasn't returned yet.

Whatever... the end is just around the corner... as always...

• Bugbear
    Bugbear
    Mening that the GB is painting themselves into the corner, Evert dag, closer and closer
  • Splash
    Splash

Jesus returned in 1914.

Jesus will return in the future as well.

These are different returnings, one to claim his kingship and the next to reign as king.

I don't know where he went in between the two returnings.

Splash

• Doug Mason
    Doug Mason

As far as I had understood, the WTS has had two "arrivals" - one was the past secret "presence" (parousia) and the other is the future "coming" (erchomenon) associated with "Armageddon".

I have not unearthed that 2013 Watchtower magazine, but I think they are differentiating between the two Greek words.

A study into the NT usage would show that these two Greek words describe the same event.

Doug

• sir82
    sir82

Brother, you are engaging in "debates about words". You haven't been reading apostate literature, have you?

Hmm, why don't you step into the back room with Brother Pompous and me for a few moments, we'd like to ask you a few questions....

• TTATTelder
    TTATTelder

A thousand years is like a day to god - so the time from 1914 until now is just over a couple of hours. Actually the entire last "days" will be several thousand years. NEW LIGHT !!!!

LOL

-TE

• NewYork44M
    NewYork44M

Thank you for the clarification.  Evidently the GB "poop don't stink."

This is all evidence that we are so very near the conclusion of this wicked old system of things. 

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit