Collective Guilt, how dangerous is it?

by Momma-Tossed-Me 3 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Momma-Tossed-Me
    Momma-Tossed-Me

I will be writing a more comprehensive report on this topic but please give your thoughts on it. I think that it has been used by some of the most ruthless dictators in history to control the public dialog within their countries. It is a powerful tool that is very effective when paired with fear. Of course this tactic is a primary part of the WTBTS's mode of operation.

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

Collective guilt, along with hell threats, is what makes so many sex taboos today. Confuse children into thinking a natural function is dirty and will get them into hell, or that they need to feel shame and guilt about it, and you have the recipe for disaster and major sex hang-ups. This also discourages getting rich, instead giving your money to a church or Kingdumb Hell that doesn't deserve it.

Yet, they don't say a peep about women treated like scum, people being enslaved, or torture of innocent people. That is where shame and guilt is more appropriate.

• Disillusioned Lost-Lamb
    Disillusioned Lost-Lamb

One person can be dangerous but a group can be catastrophic.

Guilt, shame, fear and humiliation are powerful tools.

• objectivetruth
    objectivetruth

Insanity in individuals is something rare - but in groups, parties, nations and epochs, it is the rule. Nietzsche

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit