Question about Bible Studies?

by Aaron Eldridge 5 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Aaron Eldridge
    Aaron Eldridge

Is there any restriction on Jehovah's Witnesses becoming friends with their "Bible Studies"? While they are studying with them could they do things like go to the movies, go out for a cup of coffee, or just hang out with out the pretense of it being a study? I tried to search on my version of the watchtower Library CD-ROM but could not find any direct answers. Thanks for your help.

• Sheep2slaughter
    Sheep2slaughter

A study isn't usually considered an "approved associate" until they are regularly attending meetings and a publisher. I can't find any references for this immediately but I will keep looking. It's probably one of those things that they say at Elders school but nit in writing anywhere. Kinda like beards, R movies, super hero stuff etc.

• Sheep2slaughter
    Sheep2slaughter

And you can count whatever you want as far as time goes. When we pause and think about it what is the value of reporting time? Doesn't Jehovah know our hearts, thoughts, motives and actions? Why do we gotta tell some dudes when 'all things are naked and openly exposed to God'?

• Disillusioned Lost-Lamb
    Disillusioned Lost-Lamb

You can do anything you want as long as no one at the king-dumb-hell finds out about it.

Otherwise no one is good ass-ociation until they are fully indoctrinated and not considered "safe" until baptized.

• Aaron Eldridge
    Aaron Eldridge

I will be able to search some more on Monday, but I hope that sheep is correct. Btw, that is a cool name.

• diamondiiz
    diamondiiz

The more studies show interest in wts, the more invites and closeness they receive from dubs. Once they stop progressing or stop studies their contact with jws also fades. Think of those active who becoming faders and their outcome.

Generally speaking JWs cannot be real friends to anyone, even each other. Hell, even their own marriage mates and extended families are close based on a stipulation of following wts.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit