Does anyone know when the WTS is leaving Brooklyn?

by okage 3 Replies latest jw experiences

• okage
    okage

I used to live in Brooklyn as a kid. As a teen, I've bounced all around New England. Now I'm in Texas. By June 2012, I'll be moving back up north.

On the few news sites that talk about the WTS selling off property, in the comments section, you get dozens of JW's saying how awful Brooklyn used to be and that the Society is the reason crime has dropped and the Organization is the reason the streets are clean.

I lived in Brooklyn in 1998 and there was a pretty unwelcome amount of crime and the streets were only pretty in certain parts. So hey! If the Society has managed to drop crime and clean the neighborhood, I'd love to move back. But I want the trifecta: low crime, clean streets, no Bethel.

• Diest
    Diest

The society droped crime only because there was no one doing anything fun in those areas. I think they will be leaving in about 4 or so years. They do have a time table to sell the property off if they want it to be rezoned as residential.

• dyakoub
    dyakoub

The neighborhood is one of the most gentrified, artsy, and expensive areas of NYC. It has very little to do with the WTBS being there. They've been there for 103 years. Perhaps there to blame for the crime in the first place- think about it.

• supernerdboy
    supernerdboy

I do know that they now have a site in warwick NY. people cept on telling me that I needed to aply to be an equipment operater. I told them that they only need crane operaters and I am not certifed for that. They then told me that they will asighn me were I am needed. I would only ever want to go to construction if I was an operator or paid well. When it gets completed I have no clue, I am just glad I am not there.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit