Any other ABENAKI tribe Native American descendants here on JWN?

by oppostate 4 Replies latest jw friends

• oppostate
    oppostate

It's been my experience that many Witnesses I've known are of Native American background and eventually they phase out of the WT's grasp, but not without going through some hard times and deep depression. Several dear brothers I know are out, some faded, one inactive, all going through the same patterns. Why? And why does it seem more prevalent among those with a percentage of Native American descent?

Are there any other ABENAKI tribe Native American descendants here on JWN... and if so what's been your experience?

If you are descended of another tribe or personally know of some please share your experience.

http://www.snowwowl.com/images/abenaki/image001.gif

• NVR2L8
    NVR2L8

When I was a child I would spend my summer by an Abenaki village in Quebec called Odanak (Pierreville). I know that the local JW congregation would preach there but there was very little success...

• Broken Promises
    Broken Promises

I've noticed there is very little talk about Native Americans on this site.

Is it because few NA become JWs? Are Americans more embarrassed about their treatment of NAs than they are of their treatment of African-Americans in the past? Is this why NA are hardly mentioned?

• bigmouth
    bigmouth

Broken Promises, I live on the other side of the world but I'm interested in Native Americans and their experience with JW's too.

I started a topic on the subject of African-Americans and Eskimos (Innuit) some years ago and inadvertently offended a whole lot of people.

But I was very naive about racial feeling in America and I think most Americans are unaware of how confused foreigners are of social dynamics within US society.

I hope I'm about to learn something.........

• respectful_observer
    respectful_observer

Oppostate, you have a PM.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit