Videolink speech by a HQ member this Saturday

by Powermetal4ever 16 Replies latest jw friends

• Powermetal4ever
    Powermetal4ever

So this saturday we are going to have some kind of videolink speech, by a James Mantz from headquarters apparantly. How very exciting... or not. Thats what my mum said anyway, and I just thought like " Yeah right" I canĀ“t remember we have ever had it before, is it a new take? I found out that this James Mantz is a director of Kingdom support services inc. Is he still that? Very odd btw with all these companies run by the WTBTS.

• zeb
    zeb

we had a 'direct link up' with a talk from Sydney once. The time difference east to west meant it was in fact recorded. So all the hype about 'direct links' was a simple lie.

it was also just after a 4 day convention so why the material was not included is anyone's guess.

• Billy the Ex-Bethelite
    Billy the Ex-Bethelite

When I was there, Mantz was a heavy in the Writing Department. Can't remember where his wife Sarah worked. He and Lloyd Barry (GB 1.0) were close. I think they both had been missionaries in Japan. He did Barry's memorial service. Not sure what a director of Kingdumb Support Services, Inc. does. Maybe he has been entrusted with taking briefcases full of cash to off-shore banks.

Of course, he can be glad that he's not in Japan now. After years of month over month growth back then, WT has been in steady decline in Japan for years.

• sylvlef
    sylvlef
    Same thing ( direct link talk) is Scheduled for 25 apr in France...don't know the Name of the guy though...
  • FayeDunaway
    FayeDunaway
    Kingdom support services...what the heck is that?? Sounds like it could be anything, from cleaning supplies management to the KGB.
  • fukitol
    fukitol

'Kingdom Support Services'? Is that the dumbest committee name ever? It's like "Geriatric Support Services".

KSS (my ASS = Assembly Support Services)

Jesus' reigning Kingdom needs the Watchtower's "support" LMAO.

• DJS
    DJS

It's called getting you prepared for the future.

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

Wait, a webcast not featuring a GB member?

Huh; didn't see that coming.

• prewia
    prewia
    This is sometinhg as go around the world, also in Sweden as i heard
  • konceptual99
    konceptual99
    The UK has a zone visit next Saturday.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit