Does WBTS failure to self-deprecate prove lack of God's spirit?

by Fernando 4 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Fernando
    Fernando

(Luke 17:10) . . .So YOU, also, when YOU have done all the things assigned to YOU, say, ‘We are good-for-nothing slaves. What we have done is what we ought to have done.’”

(Matthew 20:25-27) . . .But Jesus, calling them to him, said: “YOU know that the rulers of the nations lord it over them and the great men wield authority over them. This is not the way among YOU; but whoever wants to become great among YOU must be YOUR minister, and whoever wants to be first among YOU must be YOUR slave.

(1 Corinthians 9:16) . . .If, now, I am declaring the good news, it is no reason for me to boast. . .

How the WB&TS reads "self-aggrandising backslapping" as the "sole channel or mediator between God and man" into these scriptures is a mystery.

Since they have no idea what the unabridged "good news" (according to Paul, Moses, Isaiah and Psalms) is, it appears they have left "the truth of the good news" (Gal 2:5).

How can they claim to have God's spirit?

• 2tone
    2tone

They never had Gods spirit (doesnt exist first of all). Its a publishing company that uses a religion as a front to distribute there trash

• faithfulslavedriver
    faithfulslavedriver

How the WB&TS reads "self-aggrandising backslapping" as the "sole channel or mediator between God and man" into these scriptures is a mystery.

Well said. I wonder how they read "The other sheep should never forget that their salvation depends on their active support of Christ’s anointed “brothers” still on earth," (The Watchtower, March 15, 2012, pg. 20) into (obviously all emphasis is mine):

‘I know your deeds, and your labor and endurance, and that you cannot bear bad men, and that you put those to the test who say they are apostles' (Revelation 2:2)

However, even if we or an angel out of heaven were to declare to YOU as good news something beyond what we declared to YOU as good news, let him be accursed. As we have said above, I also now say again, Whoever it is that is declaring to YOU as good news something beyond what YOU accepted, let him be accursed. (Galatians 1:8, 9)

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

It proves they lack God's spirit at the top. That is, God's spirit of trying to enslave the whole human race. All the while, they push the "good for nothing slaves" rubbish on the flock, preparing them to become the perfect slaves. The whole of Christi-SCAM-ity has this problem, though the witlesses have it more blatantly than other denominations. But, calling the whole human race "good for nothing slaves" is nothing more than preparing for mass human enslavement and is further evidence that the whole LIE-ble is a tool to enslave us all.

• Heartofaboy
    Heartofaboy

The nation of Israel was always getting things wrong & suffering from God's displeasure, he told them they were a 'stiff necked people'

Now the 'Borg', or as they like to see themselves 'Spiritual Israel', think they can do no wrong, & their necks also have become stiff..........................

stiff with pride.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit