How many sects of the Watchtower are recent? Who are they?

by Dogpatch 7 Replies latest jw friends

• Dogpatch
    Dogpatch

I want to write a short article on the new WT sects (NOT considered harmful cults) of the Watchtower that have been developing in the Watchtower world, if for nothing more than to scare the Watchtower into the full-blown realization that their greatest fears have now begun to develop into early fruition.

Many Witnesses have had enough, and are demonstrating it by "shaking the dust off their feet" and forming their own associations, registered or not, with the noble motives of helping lost Witnesses and ex-Witnesses. This information will not be used to discredit them, rather to advertise them. (In the article I will leave the word "sects" out because many consider it an evil term... but hey, the Watchtower is a sect of Judaism/Christianity itself and ALSO a high-control CULT.) Technically, even Christianity is a sect of Judaism (not implying a negative connotation). Mainstream Christianity as a whole is not a cult, nor am I implying such.

Excluding Bible Students and older such groups (although a list of them would be handy) I would like a list of new havens for the broken and lost that I can link to, with a favorable short description of each. These are not destructive cults by modern parlance, but technically sects (not a derisive term if you are a sect of a false representation of historical Christianity like the WT) but rather break-off groups mostly concerned with the welfare and nurturing of those disaffected by the WT.

If you belong to or know of such a group (not hearsay but proof of the group's existence) please tell me a little about the name, purpose and link to their site. I think this will shake up quite a few JWS, but even more so advertise an alternative, more healthy felowship without authoritarian leadership.

This will embolden many borderline JWs to have hope that they are not alone and DO have alternative fellowship options. A link to their purpose or beliefs would be helpful, too.

Randy Watters

[email protected]

• LV101
    LV101

Where are they -- we know they're out there. Hopefully, the topic will get some action and I'll keep checking back.

Great idea, Randy. I'm sure many are interested to know but clueless.

Thanks.

LV101

• vanyell
  • Dogpatch
    Dogpatch

Thank you Vanyell,

Duh! I should have known to type in the right keywords in the search engine, but this is good!

Randy

• vanyell
    vanyell

You're welcome. Cheers to googling....

• Diest
    Diest

In 1993, mathematician Gordon Ritchie requested baptism by Jehovah's Witnesses and almost immediately began advocating disagreements with their teachings. He claims he was expelled for apostasy in March 1996. [7] [8] Ritchie contends that Jehovah's Witnesses constituted true religion until 2004, but that his own group of "Lord's Witnesses" is now the sole form of true worship. [9] The group claims several hundred adherents, and argues that their mathematical analysis of the Bible contains divine revelations that Jehovah's Witnesses have ignored .

Obves, here is your answer to "Where would we go"....or is this your group?

Lars, you too.

• Dogpatch
    Dogpatch

LOL, well that sounds like a cult of a cult. I'm not about to advertise some idiot macho alpha male dingbat and his stupid self-interpretation of scripture. I want the legitimate groups, free from the Jim Jones ego.

R

• 2tone
    2tone

Diest - lol, obves, and lars

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit