Two Pastors Arrested For Failure To Report Sexual Abuse

by mind blown 5 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• mind blown
    mind blown

Let's hope between Steven Unthanks crusade for justice in helping sexually abused JW children, along with more people speaking out, there will be a ripple affect to other countries!

Pastors Daniel and Laura McCluskey from the Church on the Word in Phoenix have been arrested. The pastors were both arrested Tuesday and booked on one count each of failure to report sexual abuse. I think this was in 2010.

http://www.faithtrustinstitute.org/blog/marie-fortune/81

• Alfred
    Alfred

Interesting... What ever happened to their "ecclesiatical" privileges? (hope i spelled that correctly)

• Kojack57
    Kojack57

Sounds like the G.B. And the secrets they hide.

Kojack

• ziddina
    ziddina

Dammit!!

Why hasn't this happened to the Watchtower boys - elders, circuit overseers, district overseers, Gov.Bod members - yet???

• Kool Jo
    Kool Jo

@zid: I'm with you...it's unfortunate that the news cases aren't as widespread about JW's as they are for other churches.

Peace

Kool Jo

• okage
    okage

@Kool Jo: That's only because Baptists and Catholics aren't as adept to threaten to destroy the lives and relationships of the families of the abused parishoner if they talk. Nor do they or the Pentacostals and Apostolics order their elders to stake out the homes of the wrongdoers (the victims in the WT's case).

If they did, I think the overall reports of church abuse would dwindle.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit