People leave the Org but don't drop the doctrine?

by Momma-Tossed-Me 44 Replies latest jw friends

• Momma-Tossed-Me
    Momma-Tossed-Me

This deserved its own thread. One thing I have observed being able to speak freely to individuals now about the WTBTS is that even though they fade, they hold one to all or a portion of the doctrine.

If you examine the doctrine openly and fully you will see it has as many holes in it as the Org does. Although it may appeal to you it doesn't make it sound scripturally.

If you are on this board, free yourself fully from the influence of this organization. They have given you nothing that will either influence or strengthen your relationship with God, if you believe in him.

Find the true understanding of what salvation is so you can be happy.

MTM

• Black Sheep
    Black Sheep

As long as someone who has had some associatian with this cult still has delusions of killer gods destroying them, they are damaged goods.

I know several people who are Neverbinadubs who are so damaged that I doubt they will ever fit into 21st century society.

• Iamallcool
    Iamallcool

I did not leave due to doctrinal reasons.

• Fernando
    Fernando

It is hard to realise that more than the picture was in error - the frame too!

Not just the doctrines, but also the ethnocentric idea that one should pursue and find the "correct" understanding of peripheral doctrines such as the trinity, hell fire and immortality of the soul instead of the full, unabridged gospel message, or "good news".

Precisely what Paul warned against.

• sspo
    sspo

Those that drop out and hold on to doctrines have not done any research on the watchtower and its doctrines.

I believe the vast majority of us left due to the lies of the watchtower in twisting the scriptures.

In the defense of the watchtower every other religion does the same.

Nothing but interpretation of the bible and that's why the 1000's of denominations.

• Momma-Tossed-Me
    Momma-Tossed-Me

Iamallcool - so you still believe the doctrine? If so you are not alone.

• Amelia Ashton
    Amelia Ashton

I have spoken 2 d'fd and 1 inactive dub since leaving and all 3 definitely 100% still believe it all.

I would say they are too scared to look at anything not approved by the society. Any doubts they do have are still being pushed to the back of the mind and are not being researched. So sad.

• truth_b_known
    truth_b_known

I fit into this category at first. I was totally inactive and believed the doctrine, but not the organization. However, after coming to this website and studying on my own I became completely free from the Watch Tower after 30+ years of slavery.

• Iamallcool
    Iamallcool

I really do not care about doctrines. The one that really pissed me off is that the Watchtower strongly discourage youths to play high school sports as I did not play high school sports like I should have! I was a very talented basketball player when I was in high school, alot of people were puzzled why I was not playing for their high school. I was under alot of pressure to join. I begged My Elder Dad very hard, I even cried and My Dad still say NO!

• SeekingTheRealTruth
    SeekingTheRealTruth

For me it was initially the inconsistency in how disfellowshipping is done that made me angry enough to start questioning everything else cuz that policy never felt right to me. Then I read the entire new testament from matthew to revelation without the interpretation of the watchtower and found so many contradictions to JW doctrine. That is what really made me leave. For example, 1 Tim 2:5 says there is "one mediator between God and man, the man Jesus Christ". How do they explain this scripture when they really teach that Jesus is the mediator only for the 144,000??? It's in a 1976 questions from readers (can't remember exact month right now) The "other sheep" get salvation through the anointed class, a completely unbiblical teaching.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit