New Zealand bethel is to be closed down.

by karter 80 Replies latest jw experiences

• Disillusioned Lost-Lamb
    Disillusioned Lost-Lamb

So much for their purported growth.

Looks like jayhoover is speeding it up so fast they’re forced to downsize.

• NOLAW
    NOLAW

More will close. They are not needed with current technology used to print magazines.

BUT

Shouldn't they be prepared for persecution and keep some Bethel homes open just in case? Imagine Germany banning JWs. How would Europe get their literature?

NOLAW

• Gayle
    Gayle

Why do they need branches any more? The Headquarters isn't sending missionaries any more. Literature can be downloaded through the Internet.

• Gayle
    Gayle

2011 Service Report showed 98 Branches. Brings it to 97,,where's next? What would be the purpose of the Branches anymore?? except for literature, which more and more going Internet?

• steve2
    steve2

Well, from a kiwi's perspective, it will make "the brothers in Brooklyn" all the more remote and "God-like". I'm convinced that one of the reasons JWs in the far-reaches of the earth are unaffected by the rumblings in and around Brooklyn is because it all seems so untouchable and there's so much the local JWs just never hear (nor seem to want to hear).

I recall the ease with which the local JWs processed the Ray Franz episode: Because no one actually knew the man or had close contact with anyone else involved it was easy to proceed as if nothing of significance had happened.

Oh, and New Zealand JWs have a well-earned reputation for being somewhat apathy creatures. They would find it a strange exercise of the brain cells to weigh up doctrinal or policy questions - unless those questions threatened the world standing of the All Blacks.

• Glander
    Glander

It gets better everyday in everyway. It is slipping through their fingers. Unfortunately they have several thousand followers all tangled up in their

mess.

• Aussie Oz
    Aussie Oz

Like any corporation, the bean counters get to shut down outlets they find to not be profitable.

pretty funny for a 'non profit' organization.

Oz

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat

I wonder how these branch closures will affect the operation of the religion. Will the lack of a central base affect the coordination of COs and DOs? Who will handle public relations and media in those countries that now lack a branch office? I presume without a branch office you can't have a brach committe either, reducing a whole layer of management and feedback within the organisation. Downsizing can have unintended and serious consequences.

Maybe the organisation is in more trouble than we thought.

• Scott77
    Scott77

The sad part of every Bethel closing is the laying off of the old-timers who don't know of any other life. For them it's a handshake, and maybe a one-way bus ticket as severance for years of loyal work.
    Sic Semper Tyrannis

Yes, very true. I feel sorry for those bethelites who were screwed up in Spain. Think of the need for medical insurance, food, housing and possibly, a family. Starting up again is going to be hard.

Scott77

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat

It's also a bit ironic that they are closing branches in countries like Austria where they have generally had good relations with the authorities but they remain in countries like Russia that would rather see the back of them.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit