What is "The Organizaton"?

by watson 5 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• watson
    watson

The powers that be back at headquarters seem to really be developing this idea that the individual witnesses make up the "organization". I'm seeing this idea/train of thought coming up more and more in places like JW chat rooms. Is that so the members will end up taking more personal responsibility for the mis steps of the Board of Directors/Governing Body?

Maybe I shouldn't make a big deal about his. Just suspicious of their methods and intent.

• N.drew
    N.drew

I think it is the truth that it is the individuals that make up the organization.

Individuals of the organization for the most part are people of high moral standards who love one another and care well for their famillies. But together as a body with a common goal they fit the description at 2 Timothy 3:1-7 in my opinion.

• watson
    watson

Hmmm. That thought just seems to be coming up more and more in theo-speech. Maybe I've just been "out of the box" for too long.

• Amelia Ashton
    Amelia Ashton

I have noticed there seems to be a general backing away and separation between the society and it's members and their behaviour.

No more quoting the society and saying "the society says we shouldn't celebrate birthdays or the society says we don't accept blood etc".

Members havebeen advised to say things like "the bible teaches" or "my bible based conscience doesn't allow me to .......... fill in the spaces"!

The case between Steven Unthank and the society/gb/organisation/faithful and discreet slave was a good example of how they are now distancing themselves away from any form of liability and possible accusations in courts of law.

Soon any prosecutions will be against individual members as the society will claim every person acts under their own volition and is therefore responsible and not the society for any legal action that may be instigated in the future.

• watson
    watson

Hmmmmmmmm, Amelia, you may be on to something...

• Think About It
    Think About It

What a cult. Every other seemingly sensible christian religious group calls themselves a church. Yet, the WTS will rail against the use of the word "church" as not true christian religion speak...while all along calling themselves "God's Organization", when that word or phrase isn't in the bible either. I thought it was weird & creepy when emphasis started being shifted more to calling it "The Organization".

The ones still in must truly be brainwashed now, if they can't see that this religious movement has morphed itself into a corporate-religious publishing house/holding company/real estate business cult ran by and policy dictated by lawyers who manipulate a puppet governing body of frauds.

Think About It

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit