My son was murdered today

by truman 322 Replies latest jw experiences

• TimeBandit
    TimeBandit

I'm so sorry this happened. Truman, my condolences. I hope time will make it hurt less. I hope they fry the bastard who killed your son. Probably will since he shot a cop too. Again, so sorry for your loss.

Chris-

• watson
    watson

I am heart broken for you Truman.

• nonjwspouse
    nonjwspouse

Truman, I am so very sorry for this unspeakably painful loss. I will pray for peace to to help comfort you soon. I am very new to this forum, though I wanted to respond to your grief.

I did hear of this story on the news.

I cannot imagine a greater pain. I hope you get many hugs to help give you strength.

• Aussie Oz
    Aussie Oz

I too am so sad for your loss, what a waste.

I cannot fathom your pain, only imagine how i would feel, i hope you have a lot of support around you at this time.

Oz

• truman
    truman

My sincerest thanks to all of you who have posted your sympathies, empathies, and condolences to me. They have helped me immensely during these dreadful days. I have read every one, and I can feel the real community of the people on this board.

I am trying to keep things together, but the whirlwind of emotions that come and go is so difficult at times. My younger son has been a pillar and support for me. Like his slain brother, he is a wonderful person, although in different ways as each child always is. He has spent many hours with me over the last couple of days, and when he and his wife are here, it helps to ease the misery. We talk about Glendon, but we do not dwell on his horrible end. But I am finding that even the impulse to smile and be alive myself brings its own curse of pain. I suddenly wonder how I can justify smiling when my murdered son will never smile again. Today, I was "shopping" for cremation urns for his ashes. It just seems such an unbearable travesty.

Satinka, I am so sorry to hear about your loss of your brother. This is the pain that my younger son is experiencing.

GL Tirebiter, you say well to call what happened to my son "an act of evil"

Clarity, thank you for taking the time to read some of my old posts, and thank you for the encouragement about writing. Actually, after I left the JWs, I decided to go to school. I am only a couple of courses from finishing my master's degree in English now, but somehow, school seems so unimportant now. Writing is definitely something I treasure though. I am hoping that I can find a way to work through the healing process through writing. Right now, though, I have been offered the job of writing my son's obituary. Every time I start a sentence, it looks so hollow. I am not sure I can do it.

Time Bandit, I try not to be a vengeful person, but they did "fry the bastard" as you so aptly put it. I have to assume he was some sort of lost soul himself, bent on a path of self-destruction. Why he had to take my beloved son with him, I do not believe any god from any religion has an adequate answer.

Once again, thank you all

• erbie
    erbie

That's an awful tragedy. I'm genuinely sorry for you.

How terrible.

• compound complex
    compound complex

Dearest Truman:

Continue writing through the pain.

The effects of tragedy in my life have eased, and the unexpected result is a contented soul (me) who is no longer tortured by despair. When I write now there is much to draw upon. May you somehow, someday find peace.

Love,

CoCo

• VIII
    VIII

Truman, I again offer my sympathy. My sister passed away three weeks ago and no obituary was written or even thought about for her. I had to write one and put closure to her passing. I also wanted to alert people in the Chicago area that she passed. It was very hard to do. I am not a writer and just wanted to put who she was and who she was loved by. You will do great by your son I'm sure.

I read about your son on google news today and logged on here to let you know you were in my thoughts.

• Botzwana
    Botzwana

I read it on CNN news. So sorry as well. My father whom I loved more than anything in the world died in 2003 and I felt somewhat like you. A whirlwind of emotions. Nothing was important anymore. Sold my collection of rare toys on Ebay because I didn´t want anyone to have to deal with all the mess. I was planning on killing myself one year from the date of Dad´s Death. Got on drugs etc. Somehow the date passed. I was living. I kept on living and have made a new life for myself in another country. I still dream about my father and you will I am sure for your son. It is something that never goes away. But...the pain is a little less year by year.

• JRK
    JRK

truman,

I am so sorry about your pain, and the loss of your dear son.

The best way to get over feeling guilty for smiling and being alive, is that it is what Glendon would want you to do.

JK

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit