still not used to my parents totally shunning me...

by oompa 12 Replies latest jw friends

• oompa
    oompa

thats all....its so hard...nobody should have to lose their parents twice............oompa

• tec
    tec

I'm sorry, Oompa. Nothing else to say but that. You're right. No one should have to lose their parents to something like this even once, much less twice.

(((Oompa)))

• usualusername
    usualusername

oompa

I am sorry but do not understand your post.

• misguided
    misguided

Oompa

I am sorry...and I do understand your post...too well *hugs*

• Morbidzbaby
    Morbidzbaby

Ugh, so sorry oompa *hugs*. You're right...no one should have to first lose their parents to a cult and then eventually lose them to the grave. Once is enough. I don't have nearly the relationship I had with my parents before, but my mom will at least speak to me when I call (and call me to make sure I'm okay when, say, a tornado passes through lol).

• jamiebowers
    jamiebowers

Oompa, I'm sorry you're hurting. But the pain of being shunned by your parents will eventually fade just as it does with any relationship that ends. As much as you may love them, due to cult mind control, they can't love you the way they should. That is an unhealthy situation, and toxic people have to be cut out of your life in order to achieve true happiness. It's been almost 24 years that my jw mom has shunned me. Although painful at first, it doesn't hurt anymore.

• ziddina
    ziddina

Hello, Oompa, it's good to see you again...

I'm so sorry to hear that your family is shunning you again...

I sincerely hope that they will have a change of heart, because they've got a wonderful son - you - and they would be missing out on being in contact with you at a time when they're aging and sure could use the presence of a loving, supportive son...

My best hopes that they wake up and get back in touch with you again...

Zid

• Quandry
    Quandry

No, how could anyone get used to such a thing? So sorry this has happened to you.

Parents bring children into the world and are supposed to be there to cherish them, pick them up when they fall, and above all love them no matter what.

Perhaps you could send them a card that simply says, "Love never fails." The WTS expects them to turn it on and off at its bidding.

• oompa
    oompa

i never shunned pretty much anybody when they were dfd...certainly never my son....dad says back in the day...the jewish day....children were stoned when rebelious....i was not even that....i just became a true beorean and looked hard....my dad is so logical...yet now i realize you lose the capacity to reason when you only look at one side....reasoning requires looking at all sides...all evidence.....oompa

• blondie
    blondie
    dad says back in the day...the jewish day....children were stoned when rebelious....

But then Christians are not under the Mosaic Law. Under the Law adults were stoned for murder and adultery and working on the Sabbath; do they do that in the WTS?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_capital_crimes_in_the_Torah

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit