Here's some really good news about the future

by Star tiger 6 Replies latest jw friends

• Star tiger
    Star tiger

H i,

During my recent reading, into all subjects verboten to the Witnesses, I have almost finished reading the Singularity is near by Ray Kurzweil, regarding all the great things that are awaiting huminity in the near to medium term future about the technologies that will transform our lives as humans, with the advent of nano technology and biological enhancements to our physical bodies.

I would rather put my faith in science than antiquated religious beliefs, at least there are no preconditions, and every should be able to reap the rewards!

As a faith in Gods always means someone has to die or suffer, let's have science all the way!

It's a pity people still want to beleive in a supernatural rescue for the challenges that beset mankind.

Let's do away with all religion, as it has caused more problems than it has solved.

Regards,

Star Tiger

• wha happened?
    wha happened?

I have a huge amount of respect for that man, and his many accomplishments and inventions. What scientists ignore when they predict that technology is the panacea for mankind problems, is that people suck, and they use technology to better themselves, or their situation, to the detriment of others

• tootired2care
    tootired2care

That sounds like a great book i'll have to check that out. I agree with your views about religion too. Have you gone on youtube and watched some the Hitchins debates? He articulated things so well, I especially liked the intelligence squared debate with the Catholic church. It's good stuff and very entertaining too.

• Star tiger
    Star tiger

H i Wha Happened?

Very true, but I had the promise of a paradise earth for so long, and it seems I am clutching at straws to get that back!

Regards,

Star Tiger

• Star tiger
    Star tiger

Hi,

Anyone feel optimistic about the future?

R egards,

Star Tiger

• compound complex
    compound complex

Hi Star Tiger:

I feel optimistic from reading no-nonsense Christopher Hitchens, Guy Harrison and Thomas Paine. No paradise earth, to be sure, but some logic, reasoning and acknowledgment that non-believers can love, be morally upright and find beauty in an awe-inspiring Nature.

Thanks.

CoCo

• Billy the Ex-Bethelite
    Billy the Ex-Bethelite

Cautiously optimistic.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit