Can we make our own magazine?

by bottleofwater 9 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• bottleofwater
    bottleofwater

I had an idea the other day while seeing someone reading a Watchtower magazine on the bus, why can't we make a magazine similar to the Watchtower in size, font, and format?

Even a one time 16-page brochure would be great.

Basically even if many JWs are stubborn it would help at least some who are on the fence...

Why can't we? We don't even have to make it say Jehovah's Witnesses on the cover.

Just call it...

The Truth (where the Watchtower header line would go in the same font)

And the message...

What does it mean to you?

I would seriously like to see this succeed. Giving it out to friends and relatives who aren't in the religion could help the magazine be spread around a few times and maybe even some curious observers could read it by accident.

• leavingwt
    leavingwt

There is no "we" in my experience.

It's not about facts. The facts are readily available for free.

Have you read Hassan's first book? You may enjoy it. It was a real eye-opener for me and my family.

• Flat_Accent
    Flat_Accent

It could be done. I know a few users on here write for blogs and websites. And there are several companies that do printing on the cheap for small magazines. Even compiling some of the articles from corior or jwfacts would make for decent hand-out material.

There is a way,

But is there a will? Perhaps.

Is there a necessity? Perhaps not.

• I Want to Believe
    I Want to Believe

If anyone goes forward with this, I have graphic layout experience (3 years at my university newspaper) and own the same professional software used by the city paper (InDesign).

• bottleofwater
    bottleofwater

leavingwt: "Is there a necessity? Perhaps not."

So let's just complain about the DFing policy, ban on blood transfusions, and UN membership and do nothing about it...

• HintOfLime
    HintOfLime

The thing is... written media is fading fast. Newspapers and magazines are struggling. Even the Watchtower mag is fading away fast.

The interent and electronic media IS the new magazine format. Why invest in paper publishing something when even the Watchtower is reluctantly realizing that print media is a waste of trees?

Besides - magazines are tainted with sigular worldviews and limited information. The internet is hyperlinked... the reader can follow thier own reason and curiosity.

- Lime

• botchtowersociety
    botchtowersociety
    I had an idea the other day while seeing someone reading a Watchtower magazine on the bus, why can't we make a magazine similar to the Watchtower in size, font, and format?

Dead tree format is obsolete in the Internet Age.

• mind blown
    mind blown

I dunno I think it may be a good idea only because most JW's don't search the net to know the truth about the WTS.

I'm sure since they are going through the renovation kh farse at the moment and see it in print...especially the elders.....it may ring a bell. It actually happend to me this weekend when I mentioned it to a family member....(.they dont' scout the net) but when I told them....they had said....it's funny I should mention the renovation thing because a sister just told me about it........

• leavingwt
    leavingwt

bottleofwater: You quoted someone other than me, above.

There is very little that any of us can do about the seven million victims of Thought Reform. If they enjoy being JWs, they will die as JWs. Only those who want to exit will open their minds to reality. We can live our lives and enjoy the life we have left. We are the lucky ones, we have escaped.

• botchtowersociety
    botchtowersociety
    we have escaped.

From the Tower.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit