Saba's Kingdom Hall (Texas)

by torre 2 Replies latest jw friends

• torre
    torre

Hi there

I am reading a book (All I really meed to know I learned in kindergarten, 1989) and surprisingly I found this paragraph, which called my attention, in page 26:

Sana (Texas). A piece of home. And it hasn't changed much. The Spaniards and the Indians are a long way gone over in one direction of time. And the Interstate and the shopping malls of New Texas are long way over in another. Nothing left but Texas stuck somewhere in time about 1945. The big exitement in town is that the San Saba Armadillos high school basketball team is going to the state finals. And the new Kingdom Hall of Jehovah Witnesses burned down. Some said it was the Methodists, but I don't know.

Anyone knows the story regarding this Kingdom Hall burned down? Who did it? Why?

• SixofNine
    SixofNine

The Methodist, because "methodist" means "arsonist" in Spanish and also because they are very very angry at the Russellites for catching Jesus' return in 1914 when the Methodist totally missed it. Can you say religion FAIL?

• Wizard of Oz
    Wizard of Oz

Anyone knows the story regarding this Kingdom Hall burned down? Noooope

Who did it? Noooope, though Six of Nine may be on to it

Why? For any number of things by any number of persons.......may be they just simply left the fire unattended, so as they could blame the Methodists. It's always someone elses fault with the Dubyers!!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit