JW Online Donations

by Poztate 9 Replies latest jw friends

• Poztate
    Poztate

A new and"improved" website will be coming out for all things JW in June.

I predict a "donate here button" will now appear for the first time on their new page.

It has already been done in Britain at jwgift.org and perhaps other countries.

ATM's are popping up at assembly halls. Money...Money..Money

What do you think.. Are North American JW's in particular ready for the change or will they be uncomfortable with the new concept ?

• 00DAD
    00DAD

Why not automatic monthly payments like lots of people do with their bills, utilities, etc.

• Chariklo
    Chariklo

Wait for the Paypal button to appear...

• Poztate
    Poztate
    Why not automatic monthly payments like lots of people do with their bills, utilities, etc.

As long as they don't call it tithing they should be good with that

• talesin
    talesin

00DAD - my parents have been doing this (kind of) for many years,,, they just drop 12 cheques in the box, and the congo deposits them each month. Next year, repeat.

t

• talesin
    talesin

Hi, Poz!

• Poztate
    Poztate
    they just drop 12 cheques in the box, and the congo deposits them each month. Next year, repeat.

The new upgraded step would have a new third party between the JW and the Watchtower.

We take Mastercard.... Visa or use Paypal... AirMiles™ hey sure why not..

They have in the past been highly critical of religions that used these donating methods and yet now here they are doing the same thing.

Will this fly in the U.S.A. for example ?

Hi Tal

• Amelia Ashton
    Amelia Ashton

Here in UK we were encouraged to make regular monthly donations by Direct Debit. (so we wouldn't forget)

I think most paid that way as the persuasiveness of the brother doing the item was quite skilful. After all, whatever we pledged, Jehovah would repay it plus more and the money wasn't really ours to begin with.

He would never leave any-one short who was generous bla bla bla.

Afterwards no-one dare say they were struggling financially because if they did it would be a sign they weren't as generous toward Jehovah as they could have been so they only had themselves to blame.

• Poztate
    Poztate
    Here in UK we were encouraged to make regular monthly donations by Direct Debit

They want "donations" to flow in as easily as possible. Once you get used to direct deposit donations you tend not to notice them and even if you are short of money in the month they are still paid.

Do many witnesses in the UK use the jwgift.org site ? It seems to automatically calculate tax benifits for the donation

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

What a waste. I can think of better things to spend your money on--like gas (when it gets to 10 toilet papers a gallon, there won't be anything left for that rubbish). Like food. Like rent and mortgage. Like paying for things that break down--and, if you are a witless, that is probably going to happen a lot because they don't generally like getting good items. And what are they going to do in the event of an emergency?

Some things I put money toward are silver (I am starting that back up, because silver prices are artificially low and, when people realize that the dollar is toilet paper, they are going to rush in), vitamins (good health insurance), and making sure I have bicycle parts ready for when they become unaffordable. Also, I ordered some LED light bulbs (the CFL bulbs are good, but the LEDs last up to 4 times longer, and can be turned off if leaving the room briefly without excessive wear and tear). And, I would rather donate toward a good Devil worship site than toward the Worldwide Pedophile Defense Fund.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit