WABC: Jehovah's Witnesses leave Brooklyn and sell 34 buildings

by Gorbatchov 17 Replies latest jw friends

• WuzLovesDubs
    WuzLovesDubs

So given that this sale will take many years to complete I guess we should all give a sigh of relief that Jehoover has seen fit to allow us time to re enter the fold. Imminent doooooom....but He has to wait until we complete the sale of our sh*t in Brooklyn and move upstate. All these little things I feel, perhaps wish, add up to a collapse in slow motion of this cult. Its a black hole in slow motion...numbers dropping, funds dwindling, congregations closing, Kingdom Halls being sold, magazines being delivered by hand instead of mailed, then mailings stopped, then publishing cut in half, and then publishing size being cut in half again, then real estate at Mecca no less, being sold off. The sudden acceptance of the internet as being a gift from Jehoover by which they can preach as opposed to only a VERY short time ago, being the tool of Satan! And the very very concentrated effort to eliminate any contact with DFd relatives. There are a lot of other things too. There is a definite circling of the wagons going on. Who's to say they arent buying weapons and creating a self reliant Waco-esque compound with their billions and the call for all the faithful to come and live on the compound only years away?

• JustHuman14
    JustHuman14

I'm sure that they will make billions again and cash will flow to WT's cashiers box!!!

I guess the growing Organization, is loosing the game, so they will just get advantage of their assets

• JustHuman14
    JustHuman14

WT is a money making Organization. A small example of how they are making money from nothing, it is my personal experience with a KH, that was build upon a land that was donated to the Society by a JW:

1. I know that K.Halls, usually most of them are build upon a land that was donated to the Society by a JW.

2. The building of a KH, materials ( usually are donated, by JW's who are in the building trade) or bought by contributions by the local JW's.

3. Labor is FREE (JW's do the building for the KH), and since I'm in the Building Industry, Labor is the MOST COSTLY from all above.

The result is the following: We have a KH that was build on a land that was a donation to the WT, (hence WT didn't pay anything for it, or even if they did, again the money came out from the wallets of the local JW's). The material and labor work are contributed FREE to the WT. So here is the juicy part: After the KH is finished, the WT comes and DEMANDS RENT FROM THE LOCAL CONGREGATION or CONGREGATIONS in case 2 or more are using the KH...So why pay rent to the WT, since all the local JW's, bought the land, contribute for the materials and building of the new KH? That was something I couldn't understand (at that time)

I recall that the KH of my territory had the scenario above. The land was a gift to the WT by an elderly JW, (this land only it worth millions now!!!) So we build our KH and at the end of the day we pay for a life time rent to the WT Society. Now that KH there are 4 congregations using it. So the WT gets rent from all of them!!! Now supposed the WT decides to sell the KH for sure the money will go to the WT's cashier box, and not to the local congregations. And if the WT find a cheaper place to build the new KH, for sure the local JW's will pay again for buying the land and build their KH...

• designs
    designs

Why do you think the Wt. Society has systematically severed all ties to the Rank and File, don't wait by the mailbox for your Dividend check.

• factfinder
    factfinder

What does the wts DO with all of the money I wonder?

• sabastious
    sabastious
    What does the wts DO with all of the money I wonder?

Dear Santa, all I want for Christmas is a small part of the Watchtowers fortune.

-Sab

• factfinder
    factfinder

Sab-

Santa will just give you a tract instead!

• Gayle
    Gayle

Is anyone keeping a running record of the specific 34 properties in Brooklyn and which have sold already and which are presently up on market for sale?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit