Is It Later Than You Think?

by LostGeneration 17 Replies latest jw friends

• LostGeneration
    LostGeneration

Well I can't be bothered printing this off and going to the KH parking lot tomorrow morning, so I did the next best thing. An anonymous email to my JW contacts with this all by itself...

Subject line: Can't Wait for the Special Talk Tomorrow!

• Morbidzbaby
    Morbidzbaby
    Is I Later Than You Think?

YES!! I thought it was only 4:30pm, but it's 5:30!! I'm late starting dinner!!

• d
    d

They seem to have recycled the same theme

• Morbidzbaby
    Morbidzbaby

There's a forum I visit through my phone and there was a girl on there in one of the Christian threads inviting people to go to the special talk tomorrow... The funny thing is, before I could even say a thing, 2 other people jumped in and said JW's were a cult and twisted the bible to suit their agenda...and these were people who were not former JW's or anything.

• designs
    designs

Hint- The 70s did run out.

• Slidin Fast
    Slidin Fast

It is hard to comprehend the bald-faced arrogance. Enough years go by and re-cycle the same old bullsh*t, no one will notice.

• ziddina
    ziddina

I SERIOUSLY want to hear from the on-board members who are still "attending", about how this study goes...

The efforts of those who are 'fading' to bring us this sort of information, makes me very grateful for those who ARE fading, and still able to stomach attending the meetings...

But oh, to be a fly on the wall at one of those meetings...

ea

• MrDarkKnight
    MrDarkKnight

Oh boy...

• Kojack57
    Kojack57

The new web site that was formed for ( strick j.w.'s called jwtalk) there was conversation about what the message is going to be on Sunday.

Some think the brothers are going to announce that the great tribulation has begun. What a surprise they will get when they announce the magazines will be reduced. What no Armageddon?

• ex360shipper
    ex360shipper

It was also a Convention Public talk in 1949:

Wt 1950 pages 44 -47

District Assemblies of 1949 in Many Lands

Five such assemblies were held under the oversight of the British Branch office, at Blackpool, Brighton, Dundee, Belfast and Leicester. From the industrial centers of the north of England the witnesses trekked to the seashore and Blackpool, for the district assembly there June 10-12. So thoroughly did the intensive advertising of the public talk “It Is Later than You Think!” catch on that when the prime minister was late to a social function one of the waiters remarked: “Someone should tell him that it is later than he thinks.”

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit