Are You Blind to who the Sheep are?

by The Searcher 3 Replies latest watchtower bible

• The Searcher
    The Searcher

J

esus gave his apostles this command, "These twelve Jesus sent forth, giving them these orders: "Do not go off into the road of the nations, and do not enter into a Sa·mar´i·tan city; but, instead, go continually to the lost sheep of the house of Israel. (Matthew 10:5-6) He even applied it to himself, "I was not sent forth to any but to the lost sheep of the house of Israel". (Matthew 15:24) At Pentecost, Peter's rousing speech to the Jewish crowd confirmed what Jesus had said, "To YOU first God, after raising up his Servant, sent him forth to bless YOU by turning each one away from YOUR wicked deeds." (Acts 3:26) Not many weeks before his death, Jesus said, "And I have other sheep, which are not of this fold; those also I must bring, and they will listen to my voice, and they will become one flock, one shepherd. (John 10:16) Jesus was not making a comparison with his 'little flock', because he was addressing the Pharisees at the time, and was referring to the Jewish nation when he spoke about 'this fold'. So who were these "other sheep" about whom Jesus spoke? The apostle Paul reveals the answer, "For I am not ashamed of the good news; it is, in fact, God’s power for salvation to everyone having faith, to the Jew first and also to the Greek". (Romans 1:16) The "othersheep" were none other than non- Jews, or Gentiles. This would bring about the fulfillment of Jehovah's promise to Abraham that all the nations of the earth would bless themselves because of his faithfulness.

• Wizard of Oz
    Wizard of Oz

@searcher.... This would bring about the fulfillment of Jehovah's promise to Abraham that all the nations of the earth would bless themselves because of his faithfulness.

Paul was indeed the appointed apostle to the Gentiles, so NO, I am not blind to who the other sheep are!!

• Alwayshere
    Alwayshere

Very good. Thanks for the info.

• panhandlegirl
    panhandlegirl

I agree. It's not hard to see who he is refering to as "other sheep which are not of this fold ... they will become one flock ,one shepherd (NOT 144,001) when you are not blinded by the wt teaching. Did Rutherford ever explain how, why he reached his conclusion of two classes or did he just state his conclusion as fact? Evidently, I don't remember ever reading any evidence.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit