What did Raymond Franz believe after his exit?

by Botzwana 44 Replies latest watchtower bible

• panhandlegirl
    panhandlegirl

Of the people who left during the Ray Franz era in Oklahoma City, I think that only myself and Marion Dunlap were actually DFd - about fifty people left but the local JCs were afraid to DF that many people all at once because of the shock factor.

I lived near OKC during that time and was not aware of that many people leaving at once. No one in my JW family would have told me what was going on in other congregations. I had already stopped attending meetings.

I got caught up in the purg that followed.

• panhandlegirl
    panhandlegirl

Ros I am the one that brought a ten year post to the surface again " Antichrist"
    I think newbies have the right to see it.

Mouthy, we newbies to this site are interested in what you all have discussed. Thanks for bringing them up.

• binadub
    binadub

Mouthy:

It would be interesting to bring up some discussions from some of the early-on promient posters that came over from H2O. Those exJW Internet pioneers and their awesome websites like All Along the Watchtower, Watchtower Observer, and others. Those were the folks who shocked the Watchtower organization into public exposure on the Internet as never before or since. It would be interesting to have a thread asking how many names do people remember from those days.

Yes, one of the first things you told me when I first met you is that you believed the trinity. You and I were sitting on a sofa in Ray and Cynthia's living room after a BRCI conference at Simpsonwood. I have known that as long as I have known you, and I still love you as do all of our friends. (Do you ever see JimP?)

Blessings,
    ~Binadub (aka Ros)

• mouthy
    mouthy

Yes I do see Jim & Marilyn on occasions. They have both had health issues

• Tenacious
    Tenacious
    Marked

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit