revelation 14:5

by independenthinker 5 Replies latest jw friends

• independenthinker
    independenthinker

so im at the memorial talk, this year though im reading above and below all scriptures. anyway the speaker uses revelation 14, and i find a new scripture ive never seen used before by the brothers. they always use V1-4, referring to the anointed. however, V5 says:

http://bible.cc/revelation/14-5.htm

the commentaries are good on this too. can i get your opinions, cause to me this would show that in effect, the governing bodys claims of not being infallible contradict this definition of sorts of true "anointed" christians chosen by jehovah?

• iCeltic
    iCeltic

If there was a John who wrote that he may well have been on drugs, go out and kick a ball around or go to the pictures with your gf and forget about anointed and bollocks like that.

• I Want to Believe
    I Want to Believe

Most translations say "no lie was found in their mouths," not that everything they say is perfect, to which JWs simply say the GB doesn't lie... they just tell current truth, which may not be correct.

• independenthinker
    independenthinker

yeah true. its crazy how they never quote scriptures that can be used against them, like deuteronomy 18. and celtic, its 3 in the morning! i have a life during the day, i only obsess over these things at night :) haha

• iCeltic
    iCeltic

I've found that it doesn't matter what scripture you use, JW start off thinking (or in their minds, knowing) that they are right regardless of evidence and that the GB can do no wrong, even if, god forbid, they get something wrong, the average JW think the GB have the right intentions and are directed by god, no evidence in the world can combat that thinking, sadly.

Ive done loads of obsessing about it myself at one point so I now where you're coming from.

• Disillusioned Lost-Lamb
    Disillusioned Lost-Lamb

Just another example of them "gleaning" their harvest of scriptures.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit