Time again for confusing Vitamin B3 with Nisan

by scotoma 6 Replies latest jw friends

• scotoma
    scotoma

This really bugs me. To hear men advertise their ignorance by talking about " Niacin1 4 "

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

It's because they don't know how to pronounce their own jargon. If you are going to use jargon, at least learn how to correctly pronounce it. And, "Nisan" is one that they use enough so that most of them should be able to pronounce it.

I could see someone that has zero experience with it, and is brand new in the cancer. (Like someone not knowing Lammus Day, or Astaroth, or Ashtar, because they never work around those terms.) But, when someone has been in the witless cancer for 30 years or more and flub up "Nisan" as "Niacin", they have a problem. It's called stupidity.

• LongHairGal
    LongHairGal

scotoma:

Yes, that gem used to make me laugh too. Unfortunately, the religion is filled with many poorly educated people. I used to cringe at having to listen to grown men do reading and sound like they are in fifth grade. There was a bookstudy I did not want to attend because the brother doing the reading was barely literate and I could not endure it, so I went elsewhere. Education in the U.S. is dumbed-down in general. In the JW religion, it is dumbed down even further. What can you expect from people who have been told by their religion that higher education is no good?

• james_woods
    james_woods

I somehow thought that Niacin was Vitamin B12.

• factfinder
    factfinder

It is pronounced "neesen" in Hebrew.

I remember an older Jewish sister always getting upset when people pronounced it Niacin.

• TOTH
    TOTH

Ah yes...NIACIN is to Nisan as NUCULAR is to Nuclear

• Billy the Ex-Bethelite
    Billy the Ex-Bethelite

Wait, are you talking about the Nissan 14 Roadster?

Nissan 14

Okay, technically in 1935 it would have been called Datsun 14. But today it would be known as Nissan 14.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit