Menlo Park Scandal: Can ACLU Step in to Aid the Three God-fearing Elders?

by Scott77 4 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• Scott77
    Scott77

Iam wondering, cannot ACLU step in to aid the three good elders in their fight to safe the kingdom hall from the greedy Watchtower? Here is the their contacts. I recall, at one or another, the Watchtower has used the free legal support of ACLU with good results. Why not the three good elders?

ACLU of Southern California

Executive Director: Hector Villagra

1313 W. 8th Street
    Los Angeles CA 90017

Phone: (213) 977-9500

Web: http://www.aclu-sc.org

I would not be surprised if ACLU step in to help them. Please, update us about this. I recall, Watchtower at one time, did enlist the services of ACLU for free.

Scott77

• Band on the Run
    Band on the Run

I once worked for the ACLU. Their mission is to promote civil rights and civil liberties. It is their only mission. They can only handle a small portion of the requests for civil rights/liberties they receive. I believe the Menlo Park KH situation is an internal religious dispute. It is not part of their mission. IN fact, their charter and by-laws probably forbid taking such cases.

I am not the ACLU, however. If you want to get in touch with them, you need to get in touch with California branch.

• metatron
    metatron

How about the Rutherford Institute?

https://www.rutherford.org/legal_assistance/

Yeah, I know the name is ironic...

metatron

• Scott77
    Scott77

"...IN fact, their charter and by-laws probably forbid taking such cases..."
    Band on the Run

I recall that ACLU at one time, did represent a guy who was convicted of sex offense to a minor in New Hamsphere. I think, the Guy was presented in the article as an Ex-JW. Was not that a religious connection? Thank god, their case failed. That guy was looknig for a religious right to preach yet he was not entittled to that aspect of previledge given his conviction.

Scott77

• time2keepmoving
    time2keepmoving

It's crazy what's happening to these brothers. Clearly, they gave this organization trust they never earned or deserved.

I wonder to myself if they did not hear through the grapevine about this kind of thing (amending their non-profit article of corporation to have their property surrendered to the Watchtower Society) happening to other congregations before it hit their doors? Too trusting and now the property has been strong-armed out of their possession and the poor brothers have been runover and villainized by The Machine.

This is so blatantly wicked I can't see how the witnesses in that congregation could continue to go to that KH knowing damn well what went down, break out their song books and keep singing and acting like they can't wait for everything to blow over. Talk about straight up brain-dead zombies!

What is even more puzzling to me is that the brothers in this action, have yet to retain an attorney, request monetary damages or speak out very publicly about this matter to bring attention to sheer greed, bullying, lies, thievery and deceit of the WT&TS.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit