Tendencies toward fanaticism

by Terry 13 Replies latest jw friends

• thetrueone
    thetrueone

The next thing you know, we think we have "PROOF" that something is true when it actually is NOT.

I think what Terry is trying to imply here Sab. if that if there is a implementation of fear through constant mental indoctrination,

that it can erode cohesive rational thought. Fear is the catalyst that can exploit human ignorance, to what means this exploitation will

create is subjected to those whom impose the fear. Sometimes good things will come out of that imposed fear and other times not so good.

• whathehadas
    whathehadas

Mr. Terry, I've always appreciated your musings. Simply put, if we are in a weak emotional state for dependency and leadership. You will be a easy prey to be put under control by a group or individual.

• sabastious
    sabastious
    I think what Terry is trying to imply here Sab. if that if there is a implementation of fear through constant mental indoctrination,

Hey True, Terry's statement about feeling we have proof about something set off a red flag in my brain that in turn created my response. If I get abducted by aliens I am going to have proof of something that may be impossible to translate even to people close to me. The second someone experiences something they cannot explain they are immediately thrust into a journey of self discovery and possibly something more than a personal discovery.

The topic title is "Tendencies toward fanaticism." I think we have imagination for a very specific reason. If someone genuinely wants to spend a serious amount of time developing an idea, then that is their choice. Whether or not the time is worth spending actually cannot be decuded from outside of the mind who chose to spend it; only conjecture can be made on the choice. However, if they want to develop the idea soley for the purpose of using it as a missile against an enemy that could be a problem. The dysfunction (fanaticism) lies within motivations, not the actions, so it's impossible to hold such an absolute view on the actions of people with strong beliefs.

-Sab

• thetrueone
    thetrueone

Religious fanaticism is purposely created and developed by absolute intension by organizations like the JWS to create a constant source

of support by people toward the organization. The tactic most obviously and commonly used is a bias structured information control, supplemented

with an implementation of fear and you could very well create a religious cult similar to the JWS.

The problem with religious cults is that they get concentrically and apathetically more concerned about the supporting stature of the organization

with less concern about individuality or people outside of their cultish family (tribe).

In regards to the JWS subjective fanaticism, it's intensionally developed by an underlining cause and effect with the distribution and proliferation

of the WTS. own published goods. Those sometime seen devastating illustrations of an atomic bomb exploding on the cover the Awake magazines

are put there for two important reasons, one being to attract the publics attention and to also remind people who are JWS what is supposedly to come

soon. When people are confronted with a life or death situation its amazing what you can persuade people to do, even to a state of Fanaticism.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit