Tri-Forkation

by Yan Bibiyan 7 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Yan Bibiyan
    Yan Bibiyan

This is going to be another Memorial invitation thread.

Before I get to the topic at hand, I want to quickly sound off on the invitation itself.

I had seen it online weeks before the JWs came with “a special invitation”, so the content wasn’t really news to me. However, when I held it in my hand, I couldn’t help but be disgusted by the joke of an “invitation” that flimsy small piece of paper was.

If you are going to invite strangers to the “biggest celebration” of your religion, please do not hand out what looks like pieces of scrap tissue paper. Mind you, you didn’t have to order them from a print shop; it is all self-produced and manufactured. Even the cheapest card at a dollar store feels and looks 1000 times more like an invitation than the drawer liner you handed me.

This is how the celebration of Jesus is announced? Believe me, my local landscaper, cleaning company or home improvement company do WAY better job in presenting their services with the flyers left at my door than your billion-dollar printing corporation.

What a shame, what a mockery!

Now, after I realized that this is not just another piece of junk mail and read the message, one thing stood out to me: what I called a “tri-forkation”

I am not going to analyze the contents; it has been done here extensively, one thing I don’t remember reading about is the 3 forced “choices” Jesus is thought to be viewed as: an infant, a dying man, an exalted king.

So, no other options?

How about:

-The Savior – for most of Christianity

-The Infidel – for most of the hard-core Muslim world

-A mythological figure – for atheists

-Never heard of him – for who knows how many people around the world.

-etc,

Why limit the choice to only 3 possible options, ignore the rest and then invite me to TELL me which one it is?

• Disillusioned Lost-Lamb
    Disillusioned Lost-Lamb

No other options = The conclusion THEY want you to reach.

They only offer the "other" options to lull you into thinking you're not being forced to choose THEIR option.

Classic mind control.

• wha happened?
    wha happened?

I thought they were small so they can be used in the bathroom

• Scully
    Scully

The paper is easily compostable. However the ink may not be fit for human consumption, as it may leach into your veggies. Best keep it for emergency rations should there ever be a toilet paper shortage.

• St George of England
    St George of England
    Mind you, you didn’t have to order them from a print shop; it is all self-produced and manufactured.

...But each congregation has to send the invitations to a local print shop to have the time and place overprinted.

This involves quite a bit of expense for each congregation and is a feature I suspect we will see more of in the future.

George

• NOLAW
    NOLAW

No need of a local print shop nowadays George. The printer in the local KH suffices.

• St George of England
    St George of England
    No need of a local print shop nowadays George. The printer in the local KH suffices.

Don't know where you live NOLAW, but our KH does not have a printer, or a computer, or a photocopier.

We only got a telephone about 3 years ago.

This years memorial printing cost us £60 and the KH sharing congregation cost even more.

George

• Phizzy
    Phizzy

Sounds a bit like my old Congo. George , a bit rural, it relished living in the past, though a number of individuals love dto have the latest gadgets.

My invitation, handed to me personally, invoked in me an uncharacteristic reaction, I tore it up ! (after the Bro had gone, but in front of my better half).

I should think that 99.9% end up in a similar way, and if anyone gave a cursory glance they would be put off by the arrogant "we will tell you" how you should think of Jesus attitude.

What a waste of paper, again.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit