Anti-watchtower magazine company

by d0rkyd00d 7 Replies latest jw friends

• d0rkyd00d
    d0rkyd00d

I was thinkin the other day, it's a damn shame nobody has started a nationwide magazine company producing a magazine that picks out all of the watchtower's flaws, and that is brought door to door on saturday mornings to show jw's for the asses they are. i would be the first one in line to get the latest copies. i betcha it'd tear down the whole JW structure....too bad, some dreams are only that....

"No cool quote yet, but i'll think of one soon."

• Beck_Melbourne
    Beck_Melbourne

d0rkyd00d

You won't get many volunteers I don't think...we've all been exploited for too long...giving up our time..money..resources and LIVES to spread the good news.

But the principle behind your idea is a good one.

Beck

• patio34
    patio34

Hi Dorkydood,

It was surprising to me when i left how little anyone cares about the JWs. I doubt anyone has enough interest in them, except the exes, to go to the trouble. Witnesses are only important in their own orbit.

Pat

WTBS: Quit peeing on my leg and telling me it's raining.
  • chezza
    chezza

Amen bec, oops i said amen, gee what is coming over me, lol

• messenger
    messenger

How about an online magazine? It could be ran by Kent or Mike and have a bi-weekly showing.

• Simon
    Simon

Randy publishes a 'FreeMinds Journal' which is very good.

I agree though that to people with no direct experience, they only have a limited curiosity in JWs and this is more to do with how 'wierd' they are and what kooky things they believe & do than genuine interest.

I thinka few leaflet along the lines of 'Warning ... cults are operating in your area' would be best personally. This would be genuinely useful and you could put in all the details of how they operate so that people would identify them without even naming them directly. The good thing about this is that they can't complain or use it as propoganda ("see ... everyone is against us") - if they do announce it's an attack on them ten it's like admitting that they match the criteria for being a cult!?

• moman
    moman

Yes, the Borg stays under the radar keeping a low profile with the media. The Dateline expose' may change this somewhat.

The Borg must DIE!

• Skeptic
    Skeptic
    The good thing about this is that they can't complain or use it as propoganda ("see ... everyone is against us") - if they do announce it's an attack on them ten it's like admitting that they match the criteria for being a cult!?

Excellent idea, Simon. I have used this method, as have others.

I joined Amway as I was leaving the JWs. I had been reading on cults and cult tatics, and boy, was it obvious that Amway is a cult.

Instead of telling my then current wife why the Dubs were a cult, I decided to tell her why Amway was a cult. She wanted me out of Amway, so she listened to this. She never said anything, but I could tell by the look on her face that see could see how Amway was a cult, and how what I said fit the JWs. JWs normally see similarities because Amway and the JWs anyway...which is why most JWs are against joining Amway.

A few years ago, some ex-JWs had a phone number where a person could call in and hear a taped message on why the Moonies were a cult. Many JWs wrote them and told them to quit criticizing the JWs! Funny thing, all of the taped messages spoke only of Moonies, and not one word was about JWs!

Richard

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit