Are you attending the Memorial this year?

by XPeterX 82 Replies latest jw friends

• MidwichCuckoo
    MidwichCuckoo
    It is tomorrow, Thursday.

Thanks Shipper - I only found out yesterday (another non-JW source). I originally thought it was Friday as I believe that's the next full moon.

• wha happened?
    wha happened?

gag we had to go shopping for a new dress for wifey

• Quirky1
    Quirky1

I am going for the first time since 2007 just to please the better half. She does, however, attend a few things with me that she shouldn't, due to her religion...

We'll see how it goes..

• Latte
    Latte

I'd like to go...i've ran out of wine....

• Flat_Accent
    Flat_Accent

Doesn't seem like it. I thought i'd get more pressure from my parents but they haven't said a thing.

I recieved an invitation with a written letter from an Elder I know. But really to go is pointless, it's of no benefit to me, and it gives everyone there false hope.

Good luck to those of you going tonight. Hope it's not too stressful/boring.

• Mickey mouse
    Mickey mouse

I will be conspicuous by my absence.

• Phizzy
    Phizzy

Good to hear that Mickey, strength to you !

As time goes by they stop expecting you to turn up, but if this is your first or even second non-attendance, it tends to underline the situation to them, and a little bit of flack comes your way.

No worries, we are here for you, and all non-attenders at the weirdest meeting of the year that JW's hold.

• Dunk
    Dunk

I think I'll go donate some blood instead.

SE

• Sayswho
    Sayswho

Wife and I are dressed and getting ready to walk out the door. They will be saying "oooh good at least they came to the Memorial...So they believe... there's still hope for them".

Sw

• d
    d

A family member of mine went just to prove that just becuase I an disassociated you cannot scare me. I wanted to be their to prove a point myself but I had class.Debating me would have been interesting.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit