Are you attending the Memorial this year?

by XPeterX 82 Replies latest jw friends

• Nambo
    Nambo

For a few years after falling away, I would still go to the Memorial out of respect for Christ, until I actualy looked at John chapter 6 and what it actualy states from Jesus own lips.

So since then, I hold my own memorial where I eat and drink the emblems, not because Iam annointed, because it states everybody must else they will not get everlasting life.

I now feel somewhat guilty of all the times I said no to Jesus sacrifice, I have read that its a Satanic ritual to refuse the emblems.

• NVR2L8
    NVR2L8

No for the second year - if I am to attend and not participate, I may as well do my non-participating at home...

• ruderedhead
    ruderedhead

No, it will be the second year I have not gone. Not allowing all to partake is unscriptural. How was I blind for so long?

• umadevi
    umadevi

This will be the first that I won't attend. No regrets at all.

• factfinder
    factfinder

No, I am not going.

The last time I went was in 2001.

I can't belive its that long ago.

Time goes by way too fast.

• GLTirebiter
  • Purza
    Purza

No way in hell. Never again will I step foot in a KH. Purza

• av8orntexas
    av8orntexas

Been to one since 2006. In 2010.

As luck would have it the Boston Celtics are Playing the Chicago Bulls Thursday night and vying for the 3 seed in the east.

I'm not a big NBA fan like I am of the NFL.

So I ask........... what kind of Boston fan would I be if I didn't stay home and throw my full support behind the big 3 ?

Nope. I'm not going.

• justmom
    justmom

Yahh Nambo........

Yes and doing it at home is definitely an act of faith. We do it at home regularly as a family and to go this year to the kingdom hall is not for us , except as an act of obedience, but for THEM because we love them and feel compassion and pity for their blindness.

Have a great night

justmom

• diamondiiz
    diamondiiz

They would have to pay me to go, besides who wants to snack on some horrible crackers and some cheap wine?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit