bible symbols

by serein 4 Replies latest jw friends

• serein
    serein

I found this site as i was looking up what clouds mean,

as when it says jesus will come in the clouds,

i wanted to know what others thought it ment,

anyways i found this site and it all sounded good to me whats your thoughts.

http://www.revelation-today.com/A1Bible%20Symbols.htm

• serein
    serein

like for instence it says earthquakes mean revolutions,

and in revelation it says there would be earthquakes in one place after another,

well thats been happening quite alot lately

so maybe earthquakes dont actualy mean earthquakes and people dieing everywere or what ever.

so when the jws say watch out for them its a sign of the end times its actualy not earthquakes we should be watching for,

not everything we were taught in the borg is how it realy is

thats why im searching for real truths and not sticking to just one.

• ziddina
    ziddina

Since the book of Revelation mentions "wars and reports of wars", then when Revelation mentions "earthquakes", it means "earthquakes"...

Remember, the land of Israel is situated at the northern end of a series of land faults, considered to be an extension of the "African Rift zone" - which is extremely prone to earthquakes...

In addition, during the period prior to the writing of the book of Revelation, there had been a major earthquake in Italy AND the violent and well-known eruption of Mt. Vesuvius, which destroyed Herculaneum and Pompeii around 79 C.E. - BEFORE the book of Revelation was written.

The volcanic eruption was described by Pliny the Younger in two letters to one of his Roman friends, and these accounts were no doubt circulated widely throughout the Roman nation and conquered provinces.

Add to that, the eyewitness accounts of OTHER survivors of Vesuvius' wrath, and there would have been wide access to the imagery of the volcanic eruption - which included "harmonic tremors" - throughout the Roman and Judean areas...

• I Want to Believe
    I Want to Believe

Maybe earthquakes actually refers to the rumble produced by the prophesied steam locomotive.

• ziddina
    ziddina

catAh, HA HA HA HA HA HA HA!!! Good one!!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit