I've not seen them for four years - elder puts Memorial invite on my door

by truthseeker 9 Replies latest jw experiences

• truthseeker
    truthseeker

I just came back from shopping, was about to pull up in the driveway and noticed an elder from my old hall and his young child working the territory.

I waited till they left and parked. I noticed I was the only one who got a Memorial invite, none of my neighbors got one. So they weren't working the territory but stopped by to give me an invite. I used to be on good terms with this elder but he has not phoned, emailed or visited since we became inactive.

I've been out for four years, was just starting to forget and every now and then I get a reminder of my old life.

I can't stand any of them.

• anezthy
    anezthy

Since they have your address and know that you are/where a JW it is easier for them to come to your door without any resistance. It is easy "preaching" for them. If you are there it's.... "Hi... How have your been... we miss you"... If it's a non-believer/neighbor they might have to try really hard to explain what the Memorial is really about (according to the JW's) and that might take somewhat longer and confusing time. It's all about the monthly reporting. Just going through the motions to stay active. I did it, many do it, most dread it. Good luck to you!

• Disillusioned Lost-Lamb
    Disillusioned Lost-Lamb

Baaaarf!

The worst part is he's teaching his child to be a good little liar too.

• ruderedhead
    ruderedhead

Hi, Truthseeker, I ahven't been on this forum very long, so I don't know much about you. Is there any way you could request that they not contact you for any reason? I wrote a letter last month to DA myself. I asked them not to contact me for any reason. Not sure why, but I have gotten 2 Memorial invites in the last 3 weeks. I am assuming the letter was not read yet. Hope the rest of your weekend is fun!

• truthseeker
    truthseeker

Hi, we were supposed to move to another hall and do the slow fade. I made the mistake of not asking for my cards to be moved to the new congregation; I thought this was automatic, but it's the publisher that has to request this.

After a few weeks the elders got suspicious that our cards were still in our old hall so they made inquiries and found out we stopped going. We still live in the territory.

• mercedes_29
    mercedes_29

My mother has been inactive for over 5 years. A few weeks ago she was shunned in the grocery store by a "brother" and a "sister". Last weekend the "brother's" son came to my parents' house wanting to hand deliver a memorial invitation. My non JW Dad answered the door and said my Mom was out. The "brothers" treat her like a leper but want her to come to the memorial. I don't get it

• Morbidzbaby
    Morbidzbaby

mercedes~ It's all about filling the seats with warm bodies. They don't care WHO comes, as long as people show up so they can announce their "new peak" of Memorial attenders. Their huge inflated numbers are their only "proof" that they are the "truth".

• clearpoison
    clearpoison

Now I get it why some of them have been talking to me when seeing them in city. CP

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

Nice feed for your shredder. That sure was a waste of paper.

• Found Sheep
    Found Sheep

yuck!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit