FCUK and KFC and JW.org

by usualusername 13 Replies latest jw friends

• usualusername
    usualusername

In the UK Kentucky Fried Chicken rebranded to KFC. Customers did not like the work fried apparently.

French Connection UK found out by accident that FCUK resonated with customers in a big way.

Could the society changing the website from Watchtower to JW.org make them slightly more appealing? I think so.

What say you?

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat

Yeah they should sell t shirts with JW.org on them to youngsters. That would make them real popular at school.

• Chariklo
    Chariklo

For real impact add the big A word. That'll do it.

• Phizzy
    Phizzy

If they had an honest title for their site it would be FUR&F.org

They certainly know how to shaft the rank and file of the WT !

• wha happened?
    wha happened?

FCUK = Fried Chicken UK?

• Aussie Oz
    Aussie Oz

i thought it was always jw.org?

at any rate thats the only one I knew of...

jworg is not a cool acronym no matter what

oz

edit: well golly gee, there IS a watchtower.org!

• Phizzy
    Phizzy

Wha, FCUK is the TM.of French Connection UK a clothing company.

jw.org is going to be the new combined site according to the letter about the reduced mag size, so they will have only one, presumably re-vamped site.

pssstttt...... remember not to mention this to any of your JW's, you don't want to spoil their happyfying experience of hearing it read after the not so Special Talk.

• mP
    mP

they should rename themselves'from jw to some different like yahwah's witnesses or sumfin.

• Phizzy
    Phizzy

Already taken that name matey, but yes, a re-branding exercise that actually works in a marketing way usually involves a major name change.

What would get them a better chance of converts would be to rename as Paradise Guranteed or something, with the sub-text we are not Jehovah's Witnesses of old that you knew and hated.

• rebel8
    rebel8

French Connection UK found out by accident that FCUK resonated with customers in a big way.

Well then maybe the dubs ought to come up with an acronym that sounds like a bad word too.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit