10 Days After Closing, 161 Columbia Heights Returns To Market As Rental

by leavingwt 4 Replies latest jw friends

• leavingwt
    leavingwt

An update on a recently sold WT property in Brooklyn Heights.

The Watchtower residential property at 161 Columbia Heights that closed March 20 after a $3 million sale to investment and management firm Sugar Hill Capital Partners, is back on the market less than two weeks later as a rental. According to Curbed, after a quick renovation, the newly named five-story walk-up “161 Heights” offers one bedrooms starting at $2,995 a month; one studio for $1,995 a month; and one 2BR, asking $4,100. Amenities include laundry and storage space. Occupancy begins 4/1.

The listing is managed by Massey Knakal Realty Services, which also sold a Johovah’s Witnesses-owned multi-residence at 50 Orange Street, to the same buyer in January for $7.1 million. At closing, Knakal told the Brooklyn Daily Eagle that 161 Columbia “has been immaculately maintained since the prior owner purchased the property in 1988.”

In all, the 6,273-square-foot building contains seven fair-market, one rent-stabilized and two rent-controlled units. See the property’s website here.

http://brooklynheightsblog.com/archives/38038

• JonathanH
    JonathanH

Damn, I am glad I don't live in a place with property value like that. I have a three bedroom, two bath house with a two car garage in a nice neighborhood and it doesn't cost me half of what a studio apartment goes for.

• therevealer
    therevealer

Remember - those properties were purchased under the guidance of Jah's holy spirit. That is why they are worth big bucks today.

• MrDarkKnight
    MrDarkKnight

I remember that place. It was as a dump when it was purchased. It was renovated and maintained with free labor and was immaculate when sold. Great investment. Oh, but we should not be interested in good investments or making a profit. My bad.

• Disillusioned Lost-Lamb
    Disillusioned Lost-Lamb

Uh oh, looks like someone got bit by the money goblin.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit