Territories, and Boundary Changes...Such a Confidential and Top Secret

by Quarterback 4 Replies latest jw friends

• Quarterback
    Quarterback

I can recall awhile ago when some of the Elder's wives weer talking and hinting that the boundaries were being changed in our city. This affected 4 congregations. My faimily was shocked when we found out from a sister in another congregation whose husband in not even in the faith.

Apparently she is in the gossip group.

How sad, that they won't tell you what the proposed territories would be like, and allow some discussions on it. No, that would be a democracy, eh?

I forgot, this is Theocratic....God's rule....wait a minute...even He is not in the gossip pool. What the hell do you call this arrangement?

• Disillusioned Lost-Lamb
  • mercedes_29
    mercedes_29

They wanted to redo the territories abour 15 years ago and several families would have been split up so it didn't happen then. Now they built a new KH and I wonder how many of those families stayed together or were reassigned.

• Phizzy
    Phizzy

It is called Totalitarian Rule, the way they do it.

• Amelia Ashton
    Amelia Ashton

A Spanish elder told me that the English elders massaged the figures to get approval to convert a pizza place in the north of the island into a new KH. It just happened to be near the brand new estate where they had all purchased property and moved to.

For the more well off it meant a reduction of 35k per meeting. For those in the poorer territory it meant an increase of 35k per meeting.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit