JWFacts website is still topper the lists

by ramerico 15 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• wha happened?
    wha happened?

I don't think the WT would try that again. They slipped that one in before any major publication could pick it up. There are several sites that list quotes, including the very same material from the quotes site, and they haven't done anything about it

• Juan Viejo2
    Juan Viejo2

Wha happened -

While it may appear that sites that list quotes have been left alone, that is not quite true. The Watchtower is using other means to try to inhibit the free flow of information on JW critical sites.

I won't go into detail, but one of my websites was threatened through a third-party, forcing me to make some changes in the way I now present Watchtower quotes and materials. So the threat is real and always present. Every so often I will try to push the envelope a bit, but I know that the Watchtower is always in my rear-view mirror waiting for me to make a mistake.

I guess that comes with the territory whenever you publish articles like my series on the Menlo Park scandal on Ex-JW.com that really exposes what the Watchtower is capable of doing.

JV

• ramerico
    ramerico

A Spanish language edition of JWFacts website would be yummy as well as other languages.

• jwfacts
    jwfacts

Thanks for the comments.

One of the reasons I have kept it as a simple html site, instead of a better looking database driven site is so that it can be easily distributed to others and reinstalled in a matter of minutes. I have other people with copies of the entire site in case something should happen.

I also worry about legal issues with the Watchtower. However, regarding the quotes website, the legal issue was more around the use of the url watchtower than the use of quotes, as that site was not breaking copyright laws, despite what the Watchtower contended.

Other languages would be great and I welcome people to translate it. I do have a couple of people translating a couple of pages into other languages, but it is taking a long time. One of the issues is that other languages do not have the same watchtower publications or aritcles in the same issues, particularly prior to the 1990's. It is better if the translator can find the original quote rather than translate the quote from English, but doing so takes a lot more time.

• Lyssa
    Lyssa

Thank you for this site. It has helped me a lot with witnessing to Jehovah Witnesses at my door. I use it frequently and recommend it to others as well.

• binadub
    binadub

The site deserves great kudos for an outstanding job well done.
    Thanks a billion.

~Binadub

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit