King Arthur = Horus

by mP 1 Replies latest watchtower bible

• mP
    mP

Sorry, i made a recent post regarding the sun god connection with King Arthur.

- King Arthur is mythological, no real archeological evidence has ever been found.

- 12 Knights =12 Disciples = 12 months of the year

- Lionness - wiki says otherwise but one cant help but still see a connection with the Sun. Seven is of course another Sun related number as in 7 planets+sun+moon.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lyoness

Deriving from a false etymology of Lyonesse, the 'City of Lions' was said in some later traditions to be the capital of the legendary kingdom, situated on what is today the Seven Stones reef , some eighteen miles west of Land's End and eight miles north-east of the Isles of Scilly.

- round table = zodiac

- Camelot is based on "cam" the name the ancient egyptians gave to their home land.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Egypt

Egypt Listen i / ' i? d? ? p t / ( Arabic : ??? , Mi?r , Egyptian Arabic: [m?s??] ; Coptic : ???? , Kimi ; Sahidic Coptic : ???? , Keme ), officially the A

- Guinevere our name for Arthurs Queen or woman is welsh for white as in moon. Arthur is of course the sun.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Guinevere

Name

The Welsh form Gwenhwyfar, which seems to be cognate with the Irish name Findabair, can be translated as The White Enchantress, or alternately The White Fay/Ghost, from Proto-Celtic *Uindo- "white, fair, holy" + *seibarV(V=vowel) "magic" (cf. Old Irish síabar "magic"). [1] [2] [3] Some have suggested that the name may derive from "Gwenhwy-fawr" or Gwenhwy the Great, contrasting the character to "Gwenhwy-fach" or Gwenhwy the less;

- Arthur was involved in 12 battles

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/King_arthur

How much of this narrative was Geoffrey's own invention is open to debate. Certainly, Geoffrey seems to have made use of the list of Arthur's twelve battles against the Saxons found in the 9th-century Historia Brittonum , along with the battle of Camlann from the Annales Cambriae and the idea that Arthur was still alive . [5

SORRY

I was asked for the book taht goes into this detail, unfortunately i cant find, i got a replacement Kindle the other day and dont remember all the books that were on it. I will have to search my PDFs etc.

Other points of interest is that the name Arthur can be traced to ancient Egyptian and was related to the sun or horus in some way. Without the book i cant get into further detail.

I believe in short what we are seeing with the Arthur story is an attempt by man to transform the Sun and its journeys in the Sky into a real man, a bit like the story of Horus. Over time the legend added some local historical elements which is why the story seems quite different from something Egyptian. However we can see by examining particularly the etymology of the key figures that there is a fit for ancient Egyptian religion in there.

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

I don't know about King Arthur, but the Jesus story sure sounds like it was ripped off from Horus. The virgin birth (Virgo), on December 25 (the day the sun is reborn), 12 disciples (the 12 signs of the Zodiac), hung on a cross (the sun hangs on the Southern Cross during the winter solstice), dead for 3 days (the sun appears to be dead for 3 days, on that cross), and resurrected (as the sun begins moving off the Southern Cross on Christmas Day).

Also, the Three Kings story is astrological. On Christmas Day, there are 4 stars lining up, pointing to where the sun will rise. Three of those are the Three Kings, three stars lined up in Orion. The 4th star is Sirius, the brightest star in the sky. On Christmas Morning, Sirius lines up with the other stars to point to the rising sun.

Now that we know where the Jews stole the idea of Jesus as our savior from, I wonder if it makes more sense to study the original Egyptian story about Horus, if you can find a version that the Jews and/or Christians didn't destroy or corrupt, than it does to study the Bible.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit