***PART TWO***THE STORY CONTINUES***

by zev 7 Replies latest jw experiences

• zev
    zev

PART TWO...
    THE SWINGING SINGLES....(NOT)

Up until I was 21 I really got around. And as such, I was never in my “home” congregation, in Pawtucket RI. I was a floater. But, I had many friends. Because I floated, I could never really “advance” in the “kingdom” work, but I was fine with that. In 1983 I got married. To a “sister” with 2 boys. Her name is unimportant for this story. I’ll just refer to her as, “the wife”. (Yes, sarcastically), and the boys names were “c” and “p”, “p’ was the oldest, 10 at the time of the wedding, and "c" was 7. “She” was 29, I was 21. The rest of this story and my jw life really centers around this family arrangement, and the ups, downs and eventuality that leaving the “organization” would bring to it.

The kids were really good kids. I was hard on them, harder than I should have been. But what did I know? I was 21 trying my best to do what I thought was right. It wasn’t long before the jw judicial machine decided to appoint me as a m.s. I’ll tell you right now, that was as far as I progressed. What I saw, as a m.s. and learned about during the few years I “served” proved to be the building blocks of future rumblings, disagreements, and out and out arguments. I was outspoken, blunt, and headstrong. This was known by everyone immediately upon meeting me. I would do anything for any one, at anytime. I never knew the word “no”. I was a good drone. I was also used and abused by the people and the system. But never cross me, or mess with me. I was relentless. And I would take anyone on at anytime, including right in the back of the kh one time, as one of the older cantankerous elders had said something to “the wife” that really upset her. I cannot remember what it was, it wasn’t important. But that he went around me, and spoke to her, was the issue, and he got it double barrels. With the library door closed, other elders had to come in, and calm the situation down. I was literally, in his face, and the only thing stopping me from knocking him on his ass, is that I am not a violent person. I set the tone that day, for anyone that dealt with me. I gained a certain respect, but at the same time, I also hurt my chances for people to confront me, as they knew I wouldn’t hesitate to speak my mind. I intimidated people. Next to Dale Ernhardt, I was the second best intimidator on the planet. Sometimes, just with a look, or a glare, I could say what I had to say, without opening my mouth.

In spite of that incident, somehow I was appointed to serve as a m.s. when I was asked if I had anything that would keep me from this “spiritual” appointment, I lied. And I said no. I did in fact have a “problem” not known to anyone but God and myself. That problem was an addiction to tobacco. I had been smoking since roughly 6 months after my marriage, and it bothered me that I could be appointed to “serve” and be appointed supposedly by holy spirit, yet have this “problem”. How can this happen? If it was so wrong, how could I be appointed to such a position. Nevertheless I accepted and was appointed. My first assignment was the “sound” department. I was always one for electronics, and high tech toys. My life now a days, has computers, laptops, cd, dvd players, and all sorts of high tech “stuff”. So the sound department was an easy task.
    A few years later, a situation arose that really pushed me to my limits, and ultimately, started my doubts, and questions as to what I was really doing.

As I had stated earlier, I had two step sons, and although they were well behaved, the youngest one developed a small behavioral problem. He started a fire in his school. He was, best I can remember, around 12 or 13 years old. Imagine my surprise when the fire department detectives came knocking on my door, and started asking questions. I have to say, given the seriousness of the situation, they were very nice, professional, and kind. But, they had a job to do, and I couldn’t blame them for having to do it. We went through the court system, and he ended up with a light punishment, community service working in the fire department. He rather liked it, and I almost always brought him, and picked him up every Saturday. He even continued to go after he completed his “sentence” he enjoyed it that much. He made some good friends there, and being the type of person he was, he probably helped those kids who had similar problems. The cause of his outburst, it was determined by psychologist, was that he was reaching out for his real father, someone who had almost nothing to do with him all his life, not until he turned 18 did he really try to have a relationship with his sons. This bothered me tremendously, over the years, but I always kept that feeling away from them, so they could see for themselves what a letch and a piece of dog shit he really was. Any conversation I had about my feelings about this was kept strictly between “the wife” and myself, though I rarely mentioned it.

You would think, that given the corrective action taken, and the positive results, that “alls well that ends well”. But no. stupid me, during this episode, wanting to do the best for him, turns to the local judicial machine. I cry out for “help”. Now, mind you, this was a first. I never turned to elders for help, or anyone for that matter. I had my struggles in life, and always managed to get through them on my own, without begging for “help”. Where this situation deserved what I felt was the very best attention, I wanted ‘help’, and I meant ‘help’. Not a judicial machine, just a little direction, a little ‘spiritual counseling’ for him. I wasn’t so sure I could give him what he needed as I wasn’t sure exactly what I should do to help such a young person who was so disturbed. You cannot blame me there. I was still in my 20’s trying to figure out how to help a 12-13 year old child.

NEXT...
    PART THREE....
    THE JUDICIAL TRIBUNAL RAISES ITS UGLY HEAD....

-Zev
    Learn about the Wtbts and the U.N.
    ** http://www.geocities.com/plowbitch69 **

• Room 215
    Room 215

Zev,

Fascinating sotry; thanks for sharing. I know hindsight is always 20-20, but I can tell you from nearly a half century of dealing with elders, servants, whatever they're called at whatever stage of the Society's history, that the only thing they excel at is making a bad situation worse.

• Gopher
    Gopher

Hi Zev,

I can say from personal experience that the step-family arrangement is very dicey, at best. The biological father is often a sonofabitch like you mentioned, and the stepfather is is usually allowed to be little more than a figurehead, easily pushed around (he dare not lay a hand on the kids!). So the kids end up screwed in the head from all of this. (Well, maybe not, depending on how firm, consistent and loving the mother is in her discipline style.)

Looking forward to what's next. I'm sure the elders handled everything with love, patience and concern. [8>]

J.R.Why shouldn't truth be stranger than fiction? Fiction, after all, has to make sense.
    Mark Twain (1835-1910)

• JT
    JT

I just love this NET "THANG"

the opportunities for lurkers to read life exp of how the WT Machine runs over folks like is great

this process of story telling that we are seeing more and more with super long post that cover many threads allows one to see the gradual process of how a person becomes indoctrinated to the point where they reach the level in the org where they will say to facts and proofs

I DON'T CARE IF THEY ARE WRONG I AIN'T LEAVING

my motherinlaw is like that

she loves to read every single post on this site and then she will agree with everything that she reads and conclude by saying

"James I ain't leaving, I'm still going to my meetings as long as those doors are swing"

so to actually see how folks can read this stuff and still not realize they need to make some changes is truly a powerful testament to the power and control of High Control Groups

• zev
    zev

thanks jt for your thoughts....

and although i covered a great period of time in these two posts...

the worst is yet to come.

grab onto your shorts...and hang on for the ride of your life.

thankfully the closer i get to the recent history, the more detailed i can get with my feelings and emotions and experiences.
    i've forgotten so much. which is why, i remind everyone....take notes!

keep a journal. do something, even if you tape record your thoughts.

and lock it up!

-Zev

• thewiz
    thewiz
    If it was so wrong, how could I be appointed to such a position. Nevertheless I accepted and was appointed.

I didn't know Jehovah used a magical ORACLE to figure those things out. He no longer uses the URim and the thumin, or what ever the hell it was. Reminded me of the white/black tokens in the game othello.

Zev, although I have my deep problems with the borg; however, I have not abandoned the bible.

Did God/Jehovah know what was going on in the garden of Eden? or when Satan was entertaining the angels to turn aside? What about King Saul? Jehovah knew from the start that the Messiah wasn't going to come from Saul's house.

Don't get me wrong. I also have this argument about Jehovah appointing elders, etc.

The thing is, God allows things to happen. Also, to be blunt, you are the one that lied.

At least you made it to M.S. I never got there. I always opened my mouth too soon. Sometimes, even in congregation meeting comments.

Also, to this day, my brother is the ONLY person I know that ever raised his hand in defiance of a vote, and didn't go along with the masses. He was jeered for being truthful.

It has been good knowing you for about the last, what? 20-25 years though.

Does your Dad & Mom know about your steps to DA yet?

• zev
    zev

hey wiz...

word up?

Zev, although I have my deep problems with the borg; however, I have not abandoned the bible.
    niether have i. nor have i given up on God or Jesus.
    but at this point in my life i have to step back and take a whole new look at everything. its going to take time. i got lots of baggage to get rid of.

Does your Dad & Mom know about your steps to DA yet?
    yup. but i haven't and will not mail the letter.
    if i'm forced to i will. but right now, i dont see where they have any control over me, and i refuse to cooperate in any way shape or form. my parents know how i feel. i've come clean with everything, with exception to some deeply personal thoughts that will always remain personal, and i will never speak about to anyone.

-Zev

• zev
    zev

wiz:

Also, to this day, my brother is the ONLY person I know that ever raised his hand in defiance of a vote, and didn't go along with the masses. He was jeered for being truthful.

make that two people you know.

when i felt that i couldn't in good concience vote in favour of something, i voted against, even if i was the only one.

and i did this on many many occasions throughout the years.

much to my regret, my stance and attitude often didn't allow for people to openly approach me and question my motives. i wish i had done it a little diffrently now. but, i am who i am. and i will continue to be myself, and if i cannot be true to myself now, then, really, what good is it?

It has been good knowing you for about the last, what? 20-25 years though.
    i hope that isn't a "goodbye you apostate you!" its been good to run across you once in a while and exchange thoughts, though it was never like this was it?
    perhaps someday we can sit over a coffee someplace and relive the good old days at the boyz club and the people in our lives away back then.

it has been a pleasure to know you as well, and that make 2 people on this board that i have known personally, before and after, which makes for some interesting reflections on the past.

keep in touch and follow the rest of the story.
    i promise you wont believe what you read.

or, maybe you will.

-Zev

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit