Advertisement on back of June Awake

by SweetBabyCheezits 7 Replies latest watchtower bible

• SweetBabyCheezits
    SweetBabyCheezits

Here are two uplifting quotes from the latest Awake that show the happiness one might enjoy as a member of God's Spirit-directed Organization:

“The illustration on that page showed me that my progress is noticed by God. . . . This book made me realize that I can make my prayers more specific and ask God to help me with my feelings of worthlessness. In turn, I will be able to pray to him before giving in to temptation and thereby conquer my bad habit.

“I have confidence that even though I have fallen more than 77 times over the years, I will overcome my problem. I no longer feel that I’m the worst sinner to walk the planet.

(Pics not included in article, unfortunately)

Missed is the fact that these commenters wouldn't experience said feelings if not for their shitty religion.

• Amelia Ashton
    Amelia Ashton

I no longer feel that I’m the worst sinner to walk the planet.

I didn't start feeling like this until after I left!

• straightshooter
    straightshooter

I felt that way as the result of the WTS.

• THE GLADIATOR
    THE GLADIATOR

It seems likely that Watchtower Society's indoctrination is responsible for feelings of worthlessness.

Such feelings are one of the hallmarks of a cult.

• Phizzy
    Phizzy

Yes, when I was in the cult I was a miserable fool, now I am a perfectly happy one !

• ex360shipper
    ex360shipper

Phizzy thats funny! Reminds me of a sticker I saw that said "I'm not f@#!ng stupid, but I used to!"

• Disillusioned Lost-Lamb
    Disillusioned Lost-Lamb

Maybe they should ask themselves why they are felling worthless in the first place.

The only time in my life I felt like a terrible sinner and worthless was because I thought I wasn't living up to the impossible "you can never do enough you rotten little slave" wash-towel mentality.

Once I realized they were full of shight, POOF!, the worthless feelings went away.

• Mr. Falcon
    Mr. Falcon

that is the religious equivalent of those stupid weight loss ads......

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit