WT Sunday march 16

by bobld 7 Replies latest watchtower bible

• bobld
    bobld

I cannot believe how stupid JW are and their reasoning.They miss the point that the LORD Jesus Christ done away with the mosaic law.They live in the O/T of ritualistic practices of worship which is daily sacrifices of killing animals for sins=to wbts practices of going from door to door.That was just a shitty article.

Why did the old foggie waste their resources of offering the best fat sheep for their sins.Why not obey and not sin,they new the law.I know not to drink and drive so I do not have to pay the price because I obey the law.

And the wt comments like we have make sacrifices and it costs us something for our service to god,ie car,gas effort going from door to door.

• the truth is mine
    the truth is mine

I actually made a little note next to this point in the Watchtower too. I found it interesting that it states "The Principles behind the Mosaic Law have not lost any significance or value". But they give no supporting evidence for that statement and they seem to like to pick which principles still apply and which ones are no longer applicable. I guess they just choose to take they ones that they can manipulate to guilt their followers.

• Phizzy
    Phizzy

The whole point of keeping the Mosiac Law for Israelites was the keeping of the whole of it, just one apparent slip and Jesus and the Apostles were castigated.

You could not pick and choose which bits, so, by claiming that "The principles behind the law ..still have value" is a nonsense if you do not keep the whole of that Law, those laws were commanding the people to act in a certain way to live their lives in harmony with the Principles behind the Law, you cannot be respecting those principles without following the law to the letter.

What the WT is saying is, "You can ignore the Mosaic Law, because we know better than God, just do as we say".

Not that I think anybody should follow the Mosaic Law. Even just the Ten Commandments are problematic, as another thread showed.

• bats in the belfry
    bats in the belfry

They are full of ambivalence in their statements. Only a couple of paragraphs earlier in the same chapter of that aforementioned book they say this:

7 Those who argue for continuance of certain features of the Law do not fully appreciate that a righteous standing with God depends, not on one’s works of the Law, but on one’s faith in the value of Jesus’ sacrifice. (Gal. 3:11, 12) They feel that a person must prove himself righteous by such works—something that is impossible for sinful humans. It is, indeed, important to do works in obedience to commands of God and Christ that apply to Christians. (Jas. 2:15-17; Matt. 28:19, 20) These are a means of demonstrating our love and faith, and lack of them would indicate that our faith was dead. But we cannot earn salvation no matter how hard we work. No salvation from sin and death would be possible without the sacrifice of Jesus Christ. Thus eternal life is a gift from God through Jesus Christ, an expression of extraordinary undeserved kindness and not payment for our works.—Eph. 2:8, 9; Rom. 3:23, 24; 6:23.

8 When the issue involving application of the Mosaic Law to Gentile Christians was presented to the governing body in Jerusalem in the first century, their decision was in harmony with these facts. They recognized that Jehovah was not requiring Gentile believers to perform works in obedience to the Mosaic Law before holy spirit was poured out on them. The decision of that governing body did list as “necessary things” certain prohibitions that were in harmony with that Law, but these were based on the Bible record concerning events that predated the Law. So there was not an imposing on Gentile Christians of a responsibility to conform to the Mosaic Law or some portion of it but, rather, there was a confirming of standards recognized prior to Moses.—Acts 15:28, 29; compare Genesis 9:3, 4; 34:2-7; 35:2-5.

United in Worship of the Only True God (1984), chap. 19 p. 148, 149

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

Christianity is supposed to be built upon one sacrifice. Supposedly, when Jesus died, he offered up a perfect, complete sacrifice to which nothing ever need be added.

So, why are Christians (and witlesses, in particular) expected to be self-sacrificing in deference to this sacrifice?

• GOrwell
    GOrwell

Speaking of those who are born-again/regenerated (only the 144,000 in WTS theology) and those who are not (only 2 options), Romans 8:8 says : "Those who are in the flesh cannot please God." (ESV). This verse says so much in so little.

The worship of the average JW and the attempt to 'render acceptable service' to God is worthless to God. It means nothing at all, and the average JW is just like every other sinner and unsaved person in the entire world.

In fact, in reading Isaiah, Yahweh hates sacrifices and worship like this.

• bobld
    bobld

Bats you mentioned the basics of the O/T law in the UW book, why that is good but all those rules,rules,rules were replaced by Lord Jesus Christ.So why not follow the Leader J.C.

• Disillusioned Lost-Lamb
    Disillusioned Lost-Lamb

I got a crooked car salesman vibe from this article; like you know its’ complete and utter BS but to the sucker it's smooth as velvet.

They surreptitiously down play Jesus propitiatory sacrifice (it cancels out ALL the law) and then naturally peddle submission to their hand picked edicts over obedience to the big J's.

So sleazy I needed a shower afterwards.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit