Help on: GB comparing themselves to Moses, Jesus, Prophets

by DesirousOfChange 23 Replies latest forum announcements

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

I've had a discussion with a friend concerning the GB or Org being "inspired" or "spirit-directed" or a "prophet". I found the great strings about claiming prophet status (particularly 04/01/1972 WT and 10/01/1982 WTs).

It seems I recall a WT or other publication where they compared themselves to Moses, or even Jesus as the ONE channel being used by Jehovah.

While I don't recall any claim of "inspiration", there are dozens using "spirit-directed organization".

Interestingly, note the reference to Jesus:

*** w03 5/15 p. 15 Listen to What the Spirit Says! ***
    Listen to What the Spirit Says!
    “Let the one who has an ear hear what the spirit says to the congregations.”—REVELATION 3:22.
    JEHOVAH’S servants must pay attention to the spirit-directed words of Jesus Christ . . . . .

That kinda puts them claiming to be right up there with Jesus, doesn't it!

Thanks for any references you can offer.

Doc

• 00DAD
    00DAD

Let's review, no references needed as the following are all common knowledge facts. According to the Bible, we know these are God's Anointed Leaders because of the visible proof:

• Moses had the 10 Plagues and the Parting of the Red Sea
    • Jesus had a bunch of miracles:
      • Turning Water to Wine (good stuff too)
      • Walking on Water
      • Raising a couple of dead people
      • Curing the sick and infirm
      • etc. ...
    • The WTB&TS has ...... nothing! No I take that back. Their miracle is that people continue to follow them IN SPITE OF the fact that nothing they predict ever comes true!
  • mP
    mP

Its much harder to fake miracles today unlike in Jesus time. There are videos about Hero of Alexandria made "miracle" machines including one which took water and poured out wine. The ones i have seen are quite interesting as going to the temple was part magic show, part spiritual experience.

• 00DAD
    00DAD

mP, when we watch movies we all indulge in a certain amount of "suspension of disbelief" to fully get into the movie. Good movies, or any good fiction for that matter, maintain a certain amount of consistency within the framework of the story no matter how fantastic or unrealistic the premise is.

Without getting into any theological arguments about whether or not Jesus existed and whether or not he actually performed any miracles we can easily point out that EVEN WITHIN THE FRAMEWORK OF WT THEOLOGY they have nothing to prove their divine backing.

That's why everything happens "invisibly" and they rely on the "miracles will cease" excuse.

Basically, they got nothin'!

• metatron
    metatron

I don't have a Bible right at hand but I recall that Numbers puts the lie to these idiotic self exaltation statements. The Israelites were rebelling again, against Moses and for Miriam or somebody else. Jehovah said, 'I talk to Moses face to face and not by dreams or visions - which I would use if I raised up a prophet from among you' - telling them that whatever they came up with was second class, at best.

So, the modern "Anointed" don't even get that far. No inspired prophecies, no dreams, no visions, just rehash interpretations of the Bible. An inferior means of communication, relative to Moses, no matter what they say.

metatron

• mP
    mP

00DAD

My comments were just about turning water into wine, were just to show that some priests in Egypt had been doing the trick for hundreds of years before Jesus came along. No doubt those stories were known by some if not many throughout the ancient world, thus the need for Jesus to show he was just as powerful or cool. After all if the priests in Alexandria could turn wate rinto wine, and jesus couldnt that would be a big disappiontment. We also see the same copy cat principal in Matthew with his Mary was a virgin impregnated by God story, which of cours eis a common theme in the ancient world. In the OT we have the same miracle births in Samson, Issac, Moses etc.

• mind blown
    mind blown

What I find silly, how can the GB say they're spirit-directed or even anointed, if their personl interpetation or prophacies through the WT aren't spirit inspired?

Watchtower: 23. March 1, 1979. "the “faithful and discreet slave” has alerted all of God’s people to the sign of the times indicating the nearness of God’s Kingdom rule. In this regard, however, it must be observed that this “faithful and discreet slave” was never inspired, never perfect. Those writings by certain members of the “slave” class that came to form the Christian part of God’s Word were inspired and infallible [the bible], but that is not true of other writings since."

The Governing Body are Squatters, by imagined rights of 1914. I also love how they have the nerve to call themselves "The Glorious Ones"

• mind blown
    mind blown

Ps

The above WT statment was to due to the 1975 end times shenanigans. However, what they did by trying to spin an excuse, they lost their theocratic cred (as far as I'm cocerned) by admitting they are NOT inspired, only the bible (gods word) is inspired.

• mP
    mP

@mindblown

this is a serious question, in what way is the bible inspired ?

honesty, justice, historicity ?

• TimothyT
    TimothyT

When you look at the NT you can see clearly that Jesus came to sum up the prophets. He was the last one that Jehovah would send and after his sacrifice he became the ultimate saviour for mankind. Because of his sacrifice, we no longer need another prophet as its through Jesus name alone we are saved. If anyone teaches more than this then they are false prophets.

1 Timothy 2:5 tells us plainly: For there is one God and one mediator between God and mankind, the man Christ Jesus.

The governing body have conveniently inserted themselves into that equation, are subverting the authority of Jesus, and are thus apostates. Simple!

Tim x

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit