Is it really "THERE"? Why Armageddon never comes

by Terry 9 Replies latest watchtower bible

• Terry
    Terry

I think the Witness mind looks at Armageddon the same way everybody else looks out into the distance at the horizon line.

It appears to be solidly, irrevocably THERE. But, as you sail forward faster and faster approaching that horizon you never gain even

an inch of proximity!

The reason is the very CONCEPT of "horizon" as an actual "location" is misnomer.

If you can clear your head of that---the journey is over once and for all!

But, if you fill the horizon with objects such as mountains, trees, cities the destination becomes "real".

When you arrive you think your journey is a success. But, looking out and away from where you now stand what do you find? The horizon!

You've been fooled! Distracted.

The "signs" that make up the END are just distractions from the central focus on the END itself, an illusory horizon line unreachably, tantalizingly "out there" just up ahead.

Seeing what appears to be "Signs" the journey is within reach.

If you remove the signficance that connects events with the time horizon all you have are everyday occurances.

The spell is broken.

Game Over.

• straightshooter
    straightshooter

Thanks for the enlightenment. The sign of the end is relative. There are more people today, so logically there are more affected by earthquakes, food shortages, etc. So statistics will always show higher numbers today than in the past.

• wha happened?
    wha happened?

well I hope "there" is better than the DMV

• Terry
    Terry

Asymptote!

• thetrueone
    thetrueone

The WTS. has been holding that carrot in front of the publics noses now for over a century.

With the inclusion of punishment onto those as to how they should walk to that carrot to gather more to follow toward that proverbial prize.

Of course the underlining reason why the carrot is there in the first place is the distribution and circulation of the WTS. own published literature.

• panhandlegirl
    panhandlegirl

You got that right. No more carrot for me! Thanks, I'll take a pizza!

• designs
    designs

If Armageddon is There does that alter physics.

• robB
    robB

My theological position accepts a fulfillment for the Armageddon prophecy. I start with literal expectations first (just a method, not a doctrine). You know like, the Israel literally went into Egypt and then literally left. Moses said one like him was coming. The king of the Israelites would come from Judah. Etc. And since the people of Israel are back in the land of Israel, things are still looking pretty good for me.

I'm also betting that the 144K are actually unmarried Jewish men who will preach to the Jewish people so that the prophecy concerning Zechariah 12:10 is fulfilled which also ties up some lose ends Paul talks about in Romans. Don't forget the Jews. God doesn't. And when he makes unconditional promises, he keeps them.

Some folks will wonder how it could happen that the whole world could be gathered against Israel. Think about what will happen in Israel attacks Iran and gasoline gets rationed? I'm not saying this is how it will happen but it makes you think.

If the GB paid real close attention, they'd see that the person talking in Zech 12 is Jehovah Jesus.

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

Armageddon as Christians know it is a scam. They altered the translation on purpose, so it came out "the end of the world" or "the end of this system of things". It should read "the end of the age". Of course, that wouldn't have the impact of scaring people into obeying religions that "end of the world" does.

In fact, I am expecting the end of the world age sometime around 2150 AD. It will be about as significant as the change of seasons. We are already seeing signs of it coming--Christianity (Christi-SCAM-ity, in fact) being less in favor, more atheists (and Muslims) in formerly Christian lands, and people finding out that the occult is actually closer to the truth than Christi-SCAM-ity ever will be. In another 140 years or so, I am expecting another religion that will usher in the Age of Aquarius--the end of the age (or Pisces), that is.

All based on astrology. This is the sign the sun is in during the Northern Hemisphere vernal equinox. It is still in Pisces (the fish, which we see associated with Christ), but is steadily moving toward Aquarius. No worry, in another 25,000 years or so, we will return to the Age of Pisces.

• Terry
    Terry

The Boogeyman.

The Golem.

Archetypes.

Armageddon.

The monster from the "id".

Projections of the mind.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit