I genuinely love them

by MsGrowingGirl20 20 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• PaintedToeNail
    PaintedToeNail

exwhyzee-How horrible for your son, his fiance, you and the rest of your family. What was done to all of you was unconsciencible. It was wonderful that your coworkers were much more 'christian'. I hope that your family has healed from this trauma.

• glenster
  • thetrueone
    thetrueone

Nice well meaning people can easily put in a state of controlling delusion of fear and ignorance,

just as easy as the not so nice.

I think its a probability that everyone who was involved with this religion for a long time do actually miss

some people they used to know at their halls, including myself.

• baltar447
    baltar447

They are non-people. They are programmed to act loving when you're not perceived as weak or a threat. Once you rock the boat, that's it. Remember these aren't genuine personalities you are dealing with, they are "cult personalities", ala a mind controlled human that will do what it's been told to by the authoritarian group that it belongs to. Don't believe us? Fake a health problem and miss meetings for a few weeks, maybe months. Oh sure in the beginning they'll be supportive but eventually you're out of sight out of mind. Once you're not attending their bs meetings you are suspect.

• glenster
    glenster

"non-people"

The Nazi faction was worse.
    v
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nonperson

• baltar447
    baltar447

let me clarify. by "non persons" what i meant was you cant't expect genuine humanity out of them. Everything is regulated by the cult. Especially love

• finally awake
    finally awake

I understand. There are several people at my former hall that I was very fond of and loved to spend time with. However, I can't pretend to believe something that I know to be false just to keep a friend. That's not real friendship anyway. For someone to be a real friend, there has to be honesty and respect going both ways.

I know it's hard, I stayed in for several years just because I couldn't imagine giving up my friends. But in the end, when they began to see me as spiritually weak, they all pretty much dropped me even though I still attended meetings. It's pretty hard to put on a convincing act long term, and it's terrible for your mental health.

• smiddy
    smiddy

MSGG20

My wife and I were witnesses for over 33 years,we were talking about old times the other day where we have some very good memories and experiences with our (then) brothers and sisters during that time.We also have photo`s videos and film of some of our times together,and they were enjoyable fun times where we interacted with each other in a sociable enviroment.. We went camping as a group on numerous occassions we went on umpteen resturant outings.we had numerous occassions at each others house for meals/scrabble nights /trivial pursuit etc... I beleive they loved us as we loved them during this time.....

However when we faded as we did for many years.....,we didn`t cut them off or reject them.....they decided we weren`t people they wanted to associate with ,they cut us off because we were no longer serving jehovah according to their criteria.

As I now emphasize we didn`t cut them off ....they cut us off ...and to me thats their loss not ours

And the really big difference is...if they wanted to remain JW`s and be our freinds we would have no problem, we could do that

But they cant be our freinds because we do not want to be JW`s and they cant handle that

smiddy

• Chariklo
    Chariklo
    But in the end, when they began to see me as spiritually weak, they all pretty much dropped me even though I still attended meetings.

This business of labelling people as spiritually weak because they begin to think for themselves is just part of the JW brainwash tactics. Independent thinking isn't just discouraged. It is viewed as positively sinful.

This has been explicitly spelled out to me.

It's the ultimate control religion, and it means it isn't a religion. It's a cult that keeps its members through a mix of stick and carrot, the carrot being all the "friendship" etc.

• flipper
    flipper

MS GROWING GIRL- I know it's hard to understand right now- but you will make more friends outside the JW organization. And these friends will be unconditional and won't turn their backs on you if you showed doubts about the JW organization. Your JW friends WILL do so if they find out you have doubts. Some may respect you still - but you'll discover who your true friends are and who they aren't.

I lost a few what I thought were good friends in the JW's - until they started shunning me because I had doubts about the organization. These Witnesses are controlled by their fears, not logic. Don't let fear control you - that's what the WT leaders and elders want in order to control you. Hang in there, we re here for you

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit