Stretchmarks....uggh....

by d0rkyd00d 9 Replies latest social physical

• d0rkyd00d
    d0rkyd00d

hello all, i'm 17/m, and i lift weights a lot. unfortunatey, i've been cursed with stretchmarks, and i've had them since before i started lifting (since about 13). I've tried everything from cocoa butter to vitamin e oil, nothing makes them go away. they aren't even getting lighter or less noticeable. I can't even take my shirt off in front of people it's so embarassing. Does anybody know any other techniques to get rid of them? Does tanning cover them pretty well? I just wanna be confident. :(

• bitter mango
    bitter mango

don't tan...it makes them more noticable. nothing will get rid of them, and nothing really helps for them to fade other than time.

• Naeblis
    Naeblis

I have stretchmarks right near my armpits on my chest. I gained weight quickly at about 15 and that's when I guess it happened. I'm 24 now, and they're really faint, can barely notice them. consider them a source of muscular pride! muahah! Weird, I never once felt self conscious about it, and noone ever mentioned it.

• Imbue
    Imbue

Laser surgery is the only option. Then you must stay out of the sun. It makes scar tissue darker.

If the head be corrupt, so also must be the members — The Two Babylons Alexander Hislop

• larc
    larc

When I was in high school, I grew from one of the shortest boys in school to one of the tallest in about a year and a half. As a consequence I had stretch marks on the upper part of my legs. I didn't think much about them since I was a virginal Witness boy and girls didn't get to see my stretch marks. The stretch marks went away in a few years. I think that is the way of all stretch marks. I know my wife's stretch marks from pregnancy went away as well.

• Imbue
    Imbue

Larc, I'm sure you wife appreciates that. Your so nice.

If the head be corrupt, so also must be the members — The Two Babylons Alexander Hislop

• Scully
    Scully

When stretchmarks first happen, they're like red scratches on your skin; eventually they will fade and become the same colour as your skin. Unfortunately, you'll always have them.

Rest assured, the people who care about you don't care about your stretch marks.

Love, Scully

• waiting
    waiting

LOL! Larc, you devil..............

I know my wife's stretch marks from pregnancy went away as well.
    I'll bet Zazu just cringes at a party after you have a couple of drinks.............

Men.

waiting

• mommy
    mommy

Dorky
    I have missed you man! I have some stretch marks on my calves of all places! When I was 16 I was thrown out of the house and worked 4 jobs, too young to drive, couldn't afford a car anyway. So I walked everywhere, and built up those leg muscles. For years I hated to wear shorts because *I* thought they were so noticeable. Of course now they are barely visible, and I have no problems wearing shorts. I also have them on my belly from the babies. I like those Kinda like what Naeb said yours can be a sense of muscular pride.

As far as tanning goes, Hmmm this is my one truly selfish act. And along with counting down the days until the baby gets here I am counting down the days before I can jump back in the tanning bed. If I did not tan you can see my entire venous system, lol. I never had a problem with my stretch marks when I tanned, and found that they were even less noticeable. Or perhaps I just felt better about my body was it was darker. If it makes you feel better to be tan, then do it.

LOL Waiting! I was thinking the same thing.
    wendy

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

Hey dorkydood,try the vitamin E-oil again.Make sure its not the synthetic vit.E-oil,it must be natural.A small amount of natural mixed with synthetic can still be called 100%natural.You are looking for D-alpha tocopherol (read the side label).Warm what your going to use,do not cook it.Massage it onto the scar.It will take awhile but it will fade...OUTLAW

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit