The children's army of Uganda

by botchtowersociety 6 Replies latest social current

• botchtowersociety
    botchtowersociety

KONY 2012 is a film and campaign by Invisible Children that aims to make Joseph Kony famous, not to celebrate him, but to raise support for his arrest and set a precedent for international justice.

Joseph Kony was the head of the Lord's Resistance Army, which has abducted 30,000 child soldiers over the years.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y4MnpzG5Sqc

• Broken Promises
    Broken Promises

The world leaders have known about him for ages. It's not like he's just suddenly appeared.

• glenster
  • sammielee24
    sammielee24

I agree Broken.

This is old news but suddenly, someone put out a video via social media - donate by buying a kit and all will be well.

When these atrocities go on for so many years and leaders around the world do nothing, I always ask myself 'why', when a cause suddenly becomes the poster child for assistance and change. Who has what to gain? Who funded the video? What is the purpose of the video? People should be aware of these atrocities but if they wanted to know - the information has been easy to find online and in documentaries already. So why now? Who stands to profit? Africa has many resources....sammies

• discreetslave
    discreetslave

It may be unrelated but there is oil in Uganda.

• leavingwt
  • d
    d

This is true before the video was shown nobody even knew who Joseph Kony was? All of a sudden everybody is all humanitarian, this just phase and before you know it is on to something else.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit