In love with a JW...

by CuriousUK 156 Replies latest social relationships

• NVR2L8
    NVR2L8

YOU WILL HAVE TO TRANSFORM INTO A WHOLE "NEW" PERSON IN ORDER TO QUALIFY BECAUSE JWS CAN ONLY MARRY IN THE LORD...YOU WILL HAVE TO SUBMIT TO HIS WILL...MOST IMPORTANTLY TO THE WT...AND THERE IS NO NEGOTIATING...IF YOU WANT OUT, YOUR LIFE WITH HIM WILL BE MISERY BECAUSE HIS LOYALTY WILL BE TO THE WT FIRST...

If this is how you see a happy marriage...just go ahead...I left the JW's 2 years ago and I am a second class citizen in my own home...because my wife's loyalty is toward the WT...and I get the leftovers of her time and her love...

• av8orntexas
    av8orntexas

The fact that you were unable to see and speak to each other should speak VOLUMES.

Risking alienation from other witnesses was more of a risk than not being able to see you it sounds like. It may sound corny and sappy,but if you love someone then screw everyone else,damn the torpedoes and let the chips fall where they may.

The fact that you need to step foward and give up something rather than he meet you in the middle should say something. Give up your religion,holidays, and birthdays. I won't say he will cut you off from your family,but you all probably won't celebrate those things with them anymore.

If you are going to become a witness, give up holidays,birthdays,your religion. That just 3 things. Ask him whats is he going to give up ? So far he gets everything he wants. Great deal for him. Really.....ask him. Is the man you love willing to give up anything,or risk something for you ?

Unless he's fading,has serioud doubts about the JW's or planning an exit,I wouldn't go farther. Until he can answer your questions honestly

Sounds like conditional love.

• Finally-Free
    Finally-Free

I might add, they will try to teach you to hate all your "worldly" family because they are not JWs, will be destroyed at armageddon, and are little more than walking corpses. It will be subtle at first, but the desired end result is to emotionally isolate you from every non JW.

W

• N.drew
    N.drew

I was active for 18 years as a Jehovha's Witness. What Chariklo says is true. Sadly it sounds like satire, but it is real.

• wannabefree
    wannabefree

An experience recently posted that is insightful to your situation.

http://www.jehovahs-witness.net/jw/experiences/222940/1/My-Experience

• mouthy
    mouthy

bump

• St George of England
    St George of England

All the advice you have been offered here is excellent.

I will ad my 2p worth.

I am an OAP (65+ if you don't come from the UK) and have been a JW from birth. I am currently trapped in the cult due to not wishing to lose my family, which is what would happen if I left. Once you sign up to this guy and his 'religion' you burn all your bridges behind you. It is a one way ticket to a life of misery.

If you research the sites that have been suggested you will find that any fun you have had or are hoping to have in the future are finished. You cannot celebrate Christmas, birthdays, house warming; you cannot have oral sex or masturbate; you cannot smoke (not a good idea anyway) or have a flutter on the gee gees or do the lottery. The list goes on.

In a nutshell:

RUN LIKE HELL

George

• NewChapter
    NewChapter

What is a flutter on the gee gees?

NC?

• mouthy
    mouthy

Bet on the horses NC

• Christ Alone
    Christ Alone

Please begin saving money to hire a divorce attorney. You're going to need one.

I'm sorry but that is the worst advice ever. Marriage is like being a fireman. You never leave your partner behind, especially in a fire.

All relationships do not end. That is one thing that is wrong in the world today. People don't have the drive to make marriage succeed. Fire WILL come. And it is during the fire times that we can show if we are going to stick it out, or be weak and give up.

However, keep in mind that Paul was VERY right and insightfull when he advised at 2Cor 6:14 to not become unevenly yolked with an unbeliever. I am married to a JW myself, and it is the source of a lot of heartache. While I love her with all of my heart, we are unevenly yolked, and I see the insight in Paul's advice. For what sharing does light have with darkness? None. It will always be a point of conflict in your life.

If you are a Christian, then you need to listen to the council of Paul and let this young man know that you do have feelings, but until he comes to have a personal relationship with Jesus Christ, you cannot continue on your courtship. It is a hard thing to do, I know. But this is a test for your own faith. Will you be obedient and possibily win him to Christ? Or will you avoid the council, marry him, and have that source of tension for the rest of your life?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit