2 more experiences....

by Momma-Tossed-Me 5 Replies latest jw experiences

• Momma-Tossed-Me
    Momma-Tossed-Me

I enjoy everyone's experiences like these so keep posting them.....

So I had and appointment to visit with the CEO of the local hospital. I introduced myself at the front desk of admin. The lady said are you so&so's son. I said yes his oldest.

She said my mother worked for him in the past. So I inquired where, and she says at his current office.

Oh, I said. Her mother was very not a very reliable worker and also began taking offices from the office so she had to be let go.

At any rate, she must have seen my American Flag lapel pin and said so are you a witness?

I said they recently kicked me out. She asked what for!!!! Can you believe it? What if I was kicked out for fornication or something...tells you the caliber of person we are dealing with here.

I said for running for political office.

She says, well YOU KNOW that Jehovah's organization if the only true religion and this old world is about to be destroyed. It is the only place where we can find true comfort???

Now you know that I am pretty on the ball when it comes to debating things but this was neither the time nor the place with a full waiting room. Besides I was there to talk to her boss so it seems she might have been a little more cautious about what she said.

So I chose to fight that battle another day, which I will.

So the same day, I had to make a call on a farmer out by my grandmother, who is a witness, so I dropped by. She was sleeping so I decided not to disturb her. She called later because I told my uncle with whom she lives that I had stopped by.

So she calls me later and says that she is so upset with me for running for political office. She really lays into me about it and Satan's system, blah blah blah....you guys know the standard stuff.

I listen patiently and then calmly tell her about all of the Biblical characters who have served in the past under certain rulers with no issues from God. She tells me you cannot use those examples because they do not apply to today.

So off we ago again with more illogical thoughts regarding me and how I am putting my future in jepardy, fear, fear, fear.

So I say, grandmother, we have talked about this before. I will not be feared back into an organization. Also I said a lot of people are excited about my candidacy and so am I. She said well maybe they can replace your family then. Wow!

You get the picture.

So at some point she says well put the organization side of it aside. The doctrine is true and I believe what the bible says and so should you.

I said, GM, I do beleive the bible and that is why I started out this convo with the fact that I did research my decision before hand but you said not to compare what was written long ago to today. I believe that we can do that.

For example, the watchtower says we cannot celebrate birthdays because they are put into a bad light in the Bible, well there are many of God's people who have served within governement that were put in a good light. Soooo, you if you are going to use that line of reasoning then you must use it to make application in other areas as well.

I also used the scripture in Psm which says that God pours out his wisdom upon those in governmental positions. Also they are placed in their relative positions by God. Ect...

So at the end she said she loved me and that I could still come by and see her. So that is good.

I have never heard her say so many hateful things in my life. But as we all know their actions are not their own just mimics of how they are supposed to act and feel.

Hope you enjoyed.

• 00DAD
    00DAD

"you cannot use those examples because they do not apply to today"

WTF!

If we can't "use those examples because the do not apply" then why even bother reading the Bible? Seriously!

It's like they don't listen to themselves talk!?!?!?

Stupid mind-control cult!

• Momma-Tossed-Me
    Momma-Tossed-Me

Thanks oodad,

That's exactly what I thought. Why can I not use examples in the bible. Later I went back to them after she said that she was sticking to bible truths. I toid her that is what I am doing because I made my decision after considering what the bible had to say.

MTM

• Billy the Ex-Bethelite
    Billy the Ex-Bethelite

"Jehovah's organization if the only true religion and this old world is about to be destroyed"

Come now, if she really believed that, wouldn't she be out preaching instead of working in a hospital?

"many of God's people who have served within governement that were put in a good light"

There is no evidence that Cornelius or the Ethiopian eunich left their government positions. Certainly it worked out well for Esther, but I guess since that's the OT, that's apostasy now.

• John Locke
    John Locke

holy spirit is directing you back to the organization )))

These were the signs

Funny stories though... First I though that the woman at the admin was an apostate herself and was sacasticly making fun of you )))) But as I understand now she was real JW in an unappropriate place in an unappropiate moment

Thanks for sharing!

• Momma-Tossed-Me
    Momma-Tossed-Me

Billy - Thanks for the refs to Cornelius and the Eunic as well as Ester. I forgot about them.

John Lacke - The island is calling me back. Yeah the woman at the hospital is hook line and sinker witness material.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit