Earn $25,000 by pointing out a Scripture

by The Searcher 9 Replies latest watchtower bible

• The Searcher
    The Searcher

To all my genuine brothers & sisters who can't/won't believe many of the things which cast aspersions on our "spirit-directed" Governing Body's teachings. A simple, straightforward offer - I will contribute $25,000 to the Worldwide Work (or if you prefer, to the pedophile victims in our "organisation") if anyone can tell me where in the Bible it talks of NEW scrolls? Just one point to keep in mind before trying to give the Society's "view" - read Jehovah's warning at Revelation 22:18,19!!!Always 'test inspired expressions' before you give them any credibility.

• ohiocowboy
    ohiocowboy

Be careful of your wording. It wouldn't surprise me if the WTBTS came up with a new version of the Bible and added those words so that they could collect $$$. Their lawyers would find some kind of loophole then to make you pay up. I wouldn't put anything past them...

• blondie
    blondie

Yes, even in the NWT the phrase "new scrolls" does not occur. It is much like the phrase "paradise earth" and "governing body" which also do not occur in the NWT but many times in the WT publications.

http://www.jw.org/index.html?option=QrYQCsVrGlVlYR

• N.drew
    N.drew

Their "new scrolls" are defined in Revelation 20:12 "another scroll was opened; it is the scroll of life". They teach that that scroll of life is new in the Kingdom of God as Jesus rules for a thousand years.

BTY I opened the thread to read blondie because I like her balanced view of things.

I am not interested in supporting the Society in any way ever.

• moshe
    moshe

For $25,000 the GB will have your name written in the scroll of life they keep at headquarters.

• Amelia Ashton
    Amelia Ashton

Just looked up "new scrolls" on the 2011 CD rom. It does not appear anywhere in the bible, only in WT literature.

Why did I never know that before?

• TheSheppard
    TheSheppard

Let's review the scripture at Revelation 20:12 (using Young's Literal Translation):

"and I saw the dead, small and great, standing before God, and scrolls were opened, and another scroll was opened, which is that of the life, and the dead were judged out of the things written in the scrolls -- according to their works;"

I know you are looking for the exact term "New" scrolls, but allow me to reason with some logic.

Many Bible commentaries say that these scrolls contain the records of human deeds. This explanation does not make sense if we take into account Romans 6:23 "for the wages of the sin is death, and the gift of God is life age-during in Christ Jesus our Lord."

So if our sin is paid off with death, then, how is it that those resurrected would be judged according to a book that contains their "works"? It wouldn't make sense to think that someone that is resurrected will get many chances to practice evil things before being judged, because it would make the new system just like this old filthy system of things. If they're allowed only one evil action before being judged, then these new "scrolls" would contain one line of actions by the individual. Why would you need many scrolls to say "this dude tried to kill someone and was judged on the spot and executed."? (just using it as an example).

It is logical then to think that whatever is written in these scrolls would be something along the lines of "laws" to measure the persons' actions against them. That's why the scriptures state that they are "judged out of the things written in the scrolls". Being that we don't have these scrolls right now at this moment, it is logical to say they will be "new".

And with that, I can provide my address via PM for you to send the $25k check to me. Thank you sir.

• N.drew
    N.drew

6 I planted, Apollos watered, but God was causing the growth. 7 So then neither the one who plants nor the one who waters is anything, but God who causes the growth. 8 Now he who plants and he who waters are one; but each will receive his own reward according to his own labor. 9 For we are God’s fellow workers; you are God’s field, God’s building.

10 According to the grace of God which was given to me, like a wise master builder I laid a foundation, and another is building on it. But each man must be careful how he builds on it. 11 For no man can lay a foundation other than the one which is laid, which is Jesus Christ. 12 Now if any man builds on the foundation with gold, silver, precious stones, wood, hay, straw, 13 each man’s work will become evident; for the day will show it because it is to be revealed with fire, and the fire itself will test the quality of each man’s work. 14 If any man’s work which he has built on it remains, he will receive a reward. 15 If any man’s work is burned up, he will suffer loss; but he himself will be saved, yet so as through fire. 1 Corinthians 3:6-15

and I saw the dead, small and great, standing before God, and scrolls were opened, and another scroll was opened, which is that of the life, and the dead were judged out of the things written in the scrolls -- according to their works; Revelation 20:12

It is my opinion that 1 Corinthians 3 and Revelation 20 define the same thing.

A reward versus suffer loss sounds like a judgement. I think there are not two judgement days.

So the opening of the "other scroll" pictures the few who view the Word as IS, (like Noah is pictured as doing).

Two trees two scrolls two gods; all mean ONE thing. God is One. God is a Spirit. The Word is Truth. What will happen? Anything is possible.

• binadub
    binadub

TheShepherd:

I'd like to respond to your challenge to reason with logic. You quoted:

"and I saw the dead, small and great, standing before God, and scrolls were opened, and another scroll was opened, which is that of the life, and the dead were judged out of the things written in the scrolls -- according to their works; . . . "

This text is quoted from Rev.20:12, which reflecting back on verse 7 brings it to after the thousand years are ended, not during.

When you say we don't have the scroll now, so when we get it, it will be new:
    Where do you get that YOU (as in you all) will ever have the scroll of life for judging "the rest of the dead" from the beginning of humanity)? What scriptures can you point to that say there is any resurrecting or judging, much less paradise on earth during the thousand years?
    This is a Watchtower myth that cannot be supported in Scripture and is in fact refuted by Revelation 20 and 21:1-5.

Being that we don't have these scrolls right now at this moment, it is logical to say they will be "new".

Not logical for at least three reasonings:
    1) Just because you don't have it right now at this moment does not mean that if you were to get it in the future would make it a new scroll.

2) There is no scriptural basis to say you will ever have the scroll at Rev.20:12, be it old or new. As well, it appears to be a record of everyone who has ever lived except those of the "first resurrection" before the thousand years.

3) The scroll is a record of works/deeds (depending on translation) of everyone who has ever lived and died (rest of the dead) so it couldn't logically be new.

~Binadub

• mP
    mP

Can i pen my own book and claim its got divine inspiration ? Thats pretty much what every author in the Bible did.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit